Why did you Subscribe/Re subscribe? (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It's my newspaper, magazine a mine of information and an essential daily read and I miss it when I can't get on. Whatever information I'm looking for, motorhome or not, this is the first place I look. Amongst the often humorous replies there's always someone who will come up with the answer you're looking for and although there are many I've never met, or likely to, there's a certain camaraderie on FUN.

Plus 1 for Mr Alutech58 above....... Ask a question, get some great answers and even some that are really helpful. It is a real laugh sometimes reading some of the tongue in cheek replies to a query and nearly always received in the spirit intended. Met some really nice people at rallies as well....... nobody is snobby about what they have or don't have.(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
This the only forum where I can get good solid advice
Then insulted / extracted the urine / marriage advice / pension advice then more pee taken out of me
all in a day
And some times it's about motorhomes (y)
Got it in one!(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Jim

Seeing as you asked, I was on another boring forum but wanted to do something for new year, FUN came up trumps so we paid our tenner and went to Uttoxeter races, never looked back. Motorhomes are more than just time on a forum so it's great to have all the meets to do a bit of face to face.

Martin

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Over the weekend I'm writing a new page to let people know about the benefits of subscribing. I'm looking for some testimonials for the page. I'd appreciate it if you could give me something to use.

Why did you subscribe/resubscribe? Thanks

Hi Jim, personally I re-subscribed mainly because I've met some great people I wouldn't have got to know if it weren't for joining the forums.

And hoping to keep meeting more (y)

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I have been a member for five years, joined when I got my first Motor-home. I don't go to loads of meets or rallies, but when I do I always get a warm welcome, I check in with the forum most days. The knowledge I have acquired from other members is vast, you only have to ask on the forum, and within minutes the replies start to appear. The member discounts from companies has far exceeded my membership fees.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
The very best thing for me with this forum is that it feels like your chatting to people you have known for many years, even though you have never met. I enjoy the company, the posting, but above all the lack of 'cliques' that seem to dominate many other like minded sights. Everyone is helpful, and will go far out of their way to resolve any problems you post about.
The best tenner's worth I have ever spent.

Tootles says it for me too, we are not over regulated, however break rule 1 and you get the message!

"They" are all mad, I'm the only sane one on here

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Been on here for 6 years now, and I feel more at home here than on any other French site. I made good friends and to me re-subscribing is like a Birthday present for the Site . New software , new hosting tent, new events which need some money to be hold.... I think I would feel very lonely without this big family!

Amicalement

Frankie:)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I joined just before the subscription was introduced - I think a few weeks.

It must have been a good , fun place to be or I wouldn't have paid the subscription being a bit of a tight git.

I think it's fantastic, with a whole load of clever, funny and loony participants.

The Johns Cross and Vanbitz discounts are a bonus too.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We felt at home straight away, there is a welcoming what ever the time of day or night .. no need to go elsewhere it is all here !

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Something for everyone, lots of great members,no moderators needed as we are all one big happy family.

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Not sure how I found this Forum,
But boy I'm glad I did.
Lots of fun and entertainment,
And all for just 10 quid.

Rob

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You can pay hundreds of pounds to be abused (so I'm told), yet on here you can get it for a tenner
smiley-shocked025.gif

That's the winner for my tenner!!!:rofl::rofl:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I had no friends and no-one would talk to me, all I ever got was abuse... :(

But I'm still here and I'm not going away, so there... (y);):whistle:

Great site with some very dodgy members...

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Over the weekend I'm writing a new page to let people know about the benefits of subscribing. I'm looking for some testimonials for the page. I'd appreciate it if you could give me something to use.

Why did you subscribe/resubscribe? Thanks

Because I've got my subs back with free beer and coffee at all the shows I've been to (y)

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
Not much use with my comments... l joined cause Eddie Vanbitz said it was brilliant site and it is.
l am still learning my way around it but enjoy what l have read and help l have got :)

GRUMPY OLD GIT

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
I was told membership was like council tax ! Obligatory.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
As has been said."no cliques",all welcome see the posts and avatars, members stating they had tented/caravanned etc for x years before they had a m/home. Love it.
Tea Bag

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I! redid my thingee cause I wanted to! Not only ham I the mostest sanist one on 'ere, I am also the most 'andsome! "The rest" pales in my Brilliance, Bronzed God like Figure is oi, and oi be one of the National Minority Group ain't oi
So there!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back