Why did you buy a motorhome (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
I think I'd skip the Baltic if I were you. I don't think Mad Vlad is going to stop at Ukraine. "Liberating" Kaliningrad from the 'western oppressors' will see him stirring it in Lithuania I wouldn't mind betting.
The door is wide open for him to move into the Baltic states. Clapping at sports events and sanctions against the likes of Abramovich hasn't made a jot of difference and he can see that there is no will to do anything else by the Western democracies. Nothing can be done anyway by them without America and Sleepy Joe definitely doesn't have the will to do more. It's Sudetenland again sad to say

Oct 12, 2019
65290 Juillan, France
Funster No
MH
Challenger Genesis33
I have always been keen on outdoor sports, cycling, snowboarding, kayaking, surfing... i used to have vans that were self converted, then we moved to france, with a young familly i just didnt have the time to build one, so bouggt one and love it, its our
Mobile Adventure Base Camp

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Why did I buy a campervan - seemed like a good idea at the time, and now on my third but increasingly wondering if I should pack it in! After buying a new awning and then discovering my loo is runnning water all the time (and overflowing the cassette, perhaps the writing's on the wall. And I still have to fill it up with diesel!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
To live in it full time and travel, explore and visit places we have dreamt about seeing!!!

Feb 24, 2022
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T620G
Exp
Actually start, 01/03/22
My wife and I have 2 sons, shortly after born, found to be allergic to food and airborne chemicals, so, all 'holidays' were under canvas for 'self-catering' weeks. 13 years later, the sons can 'enjoy' a more normal? way of life. Now fast forward 40+ years and so-called retired , bought a Motorhome to go and enjoy some Me/Us time....

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Went away with a mate in his Commer Caravanette 40 years ago and instantly caught "the bug".

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Because Mrs DDJC said so.

Was a tugger for three years, but it always seemed such a major adventure to get the big white box off the drive. Don't know why, but driving off in the moho just seems easier, and we do more than double the number of trips per year (eight planned this year so far)

Steve-N

Free Member
Sep 14, 2021
Cheltenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Camper
Exp
2nd Campervan since 2019
The door is wide open for him to move into the Baltic states. Clapping at sports events and sanctions against the likes of Abramovich hasn't made a jot of difference and he can see that there is no will to do anything else by the Western democracies. Nothing can be done anyway by them without America and Sleepy Joe definitely doesn't have the will to do more. It's Sudetenland again sad to say
He'll be very brave (or completely stupid) to march into Estonia or Lithuania as they are both fully fledged NATO members and will have the full force of the alliance behind them.
Bring it on Vladimir šŸ˜‚

Jun 17, 2021
Beverley, UK
Funster No
MH
Florium magister74ml
Exp
Been caravanner for over thirty years,now going to have motorhome very soon.
Pat and I camped for many years in a tent with our VN1500 and then our Harley Road King Classic more so at motor cycle rallies. Ten years ago I said to Pat that I fancied a motorhome and she said we would have one when I retired which would have been 8 years later.
Anyway Pat was suddenly taken ill with Ovarian cancer she had emergency operation and all the tumour removed which weighed 1.5 kilo's. when I went to visit her after her Op the first thing she said was " John do you still want a motorhome" as her look on life had now completely changed.
We have now been motor homing 9.5 years and now on our 5th motorhome.

John.
We found ourselves in exactly the same place,wife got cancer then pandemic,buccaneer stood dormant,wife said motorhome and here we are,enjoying lifeā€¦

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
So at 65 i got my pension and said to my accountant ā€œiā€™ll never see that money, ever, itā€™ll just go in a bank account for the kidsā€

a week later went round to one of our sons to have a look at his even longer caravan and lo and behold thereā€™s a tag axel Comanche on his drive, brand new shiny thing.

Throughout the years all the conversations between me and the missus went like this

Shall we get a

no

I like that

no

would you like a BMW

yes

So after the visit the to our sons, 3/4 days later she said

Shall ā€œweā€ get a motorhome

I picked myself up and brushed the dust off and said, ā€œ are you on drugs or summat ā€œ

A week later weā€™d located a brand new Comanche Lowline, Auto, no overcab bed and 4 seatbelted seats, just what we wanted. It was bought in about 15 mins. Picked up in about 2 weeks after waiting for Sept 1st

3 nights at Castleton and 3 nights following week at Hawes to see how it all works and the following sunday we were on the tunnel, all I know was that if I kept on driving south iā€™d eventually come to the sea and turn right to Spain.

And that is exactly what we did and the truth of it, we met Ditcha at Sanguli in Salou that trip and now on our 2nd motorhome which iā€™m itching to use

Love it

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back