Why can’t I have same set up in a caravan (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Caggsie1

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Be careful traveling with a full water tank, if at the front it’s a lot more weight on the tow hitch, also they can be not as watertight as as a motorhome tank. Also if your toilet has a separate water tank if traveling with it full the water can splash up and wreck the electric flush.
Not allowed.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
In all honesty I don’t know. I just don’t quite understand why caravans don’t have same stuff as MH. They’re not too far apart- or are they?
Gosh I would put your tin hat on for that comment :whistle2: :giggler: your very brave

OP
OP
Caggsie1

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Charging is the big issue.

If you are mainly on sites using hook up, you don't need Lithium
If you are mainly on sites using hook up, you don't need an inverter
If you are mainly on sites using hook up, you don't need solar panels

If you are mainly on sites not using hook up how would you charge your lithium batteries?

On a Fifth wheel set up we can install a Battery to Battery charger and use the appropriate cables and use Anderson plugs to allow for inter connection, this simply isn't feasible in a car/caravan set up and a normal 12s set up would simply melt
Can’t this be the solar? Had three weeks during summer where they’d be fully charged when arriving, but never moved the van or ran the engine and they work brilliantly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back