Why Are Vans So Expensive In The Uk? (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just got a quote on a new Carthago from a UK dealer. Even their best price being over 10% offl list price - an identical model on Mobile.de is over £18,000 cheaper

I'll top that!:) I saw the I 138 baby Carthago we want at a staggering £25,000 more on a dealer forecourt here. Yes....... TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS? find it hard to believe people prepared to pay this premium for RHD?

And they are not a full RHD conversion? Its still a LHD layout with door on wrong side for UK traffic. they just build on a RHD cab!:D

Not much on mobile.de as these popular vans. factory order makes more sense, can get ex hire at end of season, they tend to have a nice specification as probably ex show vans, they can be OK if you get one at the right price but they ask as much as new near enough... PM me as I know a good dealer.

I want the coffee machine but it 1200 euro:cautious:

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Are dealer prices on Mobile.de likely to be negotiable, or are they fixed?

come on! everything always negotiable:D particularly at year end....IF they have existing stock to move.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I thought it was just a standard Nespresso machine - these only cost under £100

really? thought it was a bit expensive! it is set up with its own inverter so you get coffee on the move, that's what really appealed . will have a loo at a DIY solution...

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
really? thought it was a bit expensive! it is set up with its own inverter so you get coffee on the move, that's what really appealed . will have a loo at a DIY solution...
We've got a Nespresso machine in our van and they use about 1300 watts, hence why we went for a 2kw interter.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
is it fixable to the wall?
The coffee machine is not, but you could put a little shelf on to hold it, remembering that when filled with water its pretty heavy.
Ours sits on a narrow piece of worktop next to the hob - fits a treat!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
The coffee machine is not, but you could put a little shelf on to hold it, remembering that when filled with water its pretty heavy.
Ours sits on a narrow piece of worktop next to the hob - fits a treat!

Hmm.....The hope was that on route. could just stop for a sec..get machine going. pull in when done and have an instant fresh drink? don't sound like I have that right:)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hmm.....The hope was that on route. could just stop for a sec..get machine going. pull in when done and have an instant fresh drink? don't sound like I have that right:)
Nespresso Machines make probably the best espresso coffee in the world
As such you make each cup 'as needed' and it only takes a few seconds to make each one.
You simply switch on the machine, wait a moment for it to warm up, pop your pod in and make your desired drink
As good an expresso, cappuccino or late as you'd get in Starbucks

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I do not know if it is the Manufacturers that list a price for the UK and the dealers get their cut off that price or do they buy in a the Euro price same as all the european dealers do and then ADD a HUGE addition to pretend the UK price is that bigger figure,, and they add delivery charges on top of the bigger price then a PDI on top of that. I suspect it is a bit of both and that is against the EEC trading rules.
I ama going to ask someone about it.
The trouble is the vans on the road would suddenly drop £10000 in the secondhand market and that would cause a big scream from all the owners so there is a vested interest with Dealers , makers and owners that already have theirs. So that is why it keeps going.
Bit like houses , if there was a huge additional building program then the house prices fall and the economy fails.
I would like to keep a RHD but the savings possible mean the LHD option is the only way for me.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I'll top that!:) I saw the I 138 baby Carthago we want at a staggering £25,000 more on a dealer forecourt here. Yes....... TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS? find it hard to believe people prepared to pay this premium for RHD?

And they are not a full RHD conversion? Its still a LHD layout with door on wrong side for UK traffic. they just build on a RHD cab!:D

Not much on mobile.de as these popular vans. factory order makes more sense, can get ex hire at end of season, they tend to have a nice specification as probably ex show vans, they can be OK if you get one at the right price but they ask as much as new near enough... PM me as I know a good dealer.

I want the coffee machine but it 1200 euro:cautious:
Just sent you a PM

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back