Why are some Tuggers so Miserable? (1 Viewer)

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Well I KNOW that a lot aren't BUT......

I was doing some wiring on the Old Girl today and Decided to check and make sure everything was working ok...as you do....

Started her up and within 20 seconds the next-door neighbour....who we sold our caravan( :Doh:)to 7 years ago was at the window....

"I thought a world war had started" he shouted out of the window.....

Crikey....What are you like I thought.It was only running on tickover for 3 minutes....

Please change my feelings that a lot of Tuggers are MOG's....:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Chrisdy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2008
Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Don't be too hard on them all - they're just jealous......::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
And everytime you start it up, it reminds them of just what they're missing........

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
I,m sorry but i have to disagree.

For a start i have never been a tugger so i got no axe to grind.

In June 2007 whilst in kent (the day before we were due to cross to france for our first trip abroad) we went for a walk in the local countryside. On our way back i had a bad fall and broke my arm (left humerous). I walked back to the van and called the ambulance which arrived a few minutes later. I was parked on the CC site at hythe. Either side of me was a camper van and also directly opposite. The ambulance took me away to the local hospital. My missus stayed with the van. Whilst i was away the shock hit the missus and she sat on the step a tad upset. The bloke in the Hymer opposite actually got out of his van and looked at her but never offered to ask what was up even though they must have seen the ambulance as they were in when it arrived and it parked almost acrodd the front of their van.
Anyway when i arrived back 2 guys from 2 caravans across the other side of the field came over and asked my how i was and if there was anothing they could do. The next day one of them came again and asked if we needed any shopping doing and actually ran us into Hythe for some provisions and was most helpfull. None of the 3 campers parked next to me even came over. We had to stop on the site for 3 extra days till my mate came down and drove my van back (the wife cant drive). we would walk around the site so i could get excerize and the vast majority of people who had heard about "the incident" and who asked me how i was, anything we can do ? etc were caravanners. There was only 1 MH owner who even talked to me out of about 15 people in total. I wasnt expecting sympathy or anything like that but it was an observation.

I will never forget the kindness of those 2 tuggers expecially the one who ran us about.

I believe there is bad and good in all walks of life and it not fair to brand all tuggers miserable. They are OK by me.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
What a divisive, bigotted and blinkered thread heading.
Total claptrap, I think the OP has to look at his own attitude before he starts to judge others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
A tugger is just someone who is not interested in wild camping but prefers the extra space of a caravan and only one lotof vehicle running expences. Complaining about the noise is nothing to do with him being a tugger. Could have been anyone complaining. Those who complain about "noisy" neighbours can be any race colour creed or any hobby group. As you said you sold him your caravan, so you wee a tugger. Don't really see where you are coming from. Caravan, motorhome, timeshare or second home is all a matter of personal choice. I really don't see the connection at all. Sorry mate.:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Perhaps I am being naive here but I thought that we were all just people who enjoyed the great outdoors and the rewards that it brings.

I do not need to apply a label to all and any people that I meet.
I just enjoy the variety and diversity that each new meeting brings.
So, why judge others, there is no point, no reason and certainly no benefit.
Am I alone in finding the OP's comments irritating and offensive?

Maybe that is why we keep away from people when we are out enjoying our Fifth Wheel.
I sincerely hope that I do not meet people like the OP when we start to spend more time on the "road"

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
I think the original post was tongue in cheek.

I'm a tugger at the moment, and I'm not a MOG.

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
What a divisive, bigotted and blinkered thread heading.
Total claptrap, I think the OP has to look at his own attitude before he starts to judge others.

THAT is why I labelled it
Why are some Tuggers so Miserable?

I have met some great people over the years in both walks of life :Doh:

I certainly didn't apply a blanket label on all people...:winky:

Last edited:
OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I think the original post was tongue in cheek.

I'm a tugger at the moment, and I'm not a MOG.

Glad you got it.:winky::ROFLMAO:

It certainly spurred a bit of conversation..I certainly didn't mean the thread to get too serious and personal.Sorry if it reads that way but.....

The MOG really got up my nose yesterday......:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Perhaps I am being naive here but I thought that we were all just people who enjoyed the great outdoors and the rewards that it brings.

I do not need to apply a label to all and any people that I meet.
I just enjoy the variety and diversity that each new meeting brings.
So, why judge others, there is no point, no reason and certainly no benefit.
Am I alone in finding the OP's comments irritating and offensive?

Maybe that is why we keep away from people when we are out enjoying our Fifth Wheel.
I sincerely hope that I do not meet people like the OP when we start to spend more time on the "road"

Apologies if you find it so.It was , indeed tongue-in-cheek and not supposed to be read as ALL.:RollEyes:
Just a factual statement about one......:Blush:

Last edited:
OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

In June 2007 whilst in kent (the day before we were due to cross to france for our first trip abroad) we went for a walk in the local countryside. On our way back i had a bad fall and broke my arm (left humerous). I walked back to the van and called the ambulance which arrived a few minutes later. I was parked on the CC site at hythe. Either side of me was a camper van and also directly opposite. The ambulance took me away to the local hospital. My missus stayed with the van. Whilst i was away the shock hit the missus and she sat on the step a tad upset. The bloke in the Hymer opposite actually got out of his van and looked at her but never offered to ask what was up even though they must have seen the ambulance as they were in when it arrived and it parked almost acrodd the front of their van.
Anyway when i arrived back 2 guys from 2 caravans across the other side of the field came over and asked my how i was and if there was anothing they could do. The next day one of them came again and asked if we needed any shopping doing and actually ran us into Hythe for some provisions and was most helpfull. None of the 3 campers parked next to me even came over. We had to stop on the site for 3 extra days till my mate came down and drove my van back (the wife cant drive). we would walk around the site so i could get excerize and the vast majority of people who had heard about "the incident" and who asked me how i was, anything we can do ? etc were caravanners. There was only 1 MH owner who even talked to me out of about 15 people in total. I wasnt expecting sympathy or anything like that but it was an observation.

I will never forget the kindness of those 2 tuggers expecially the one who ran us about.

I believe there is bad and good in all walks of life and it not fair to brand all tuggers miserable. They are OK by me.

I too have no axe to grind......Must've caught him on a BAD DAY......:Doh::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Hiya Iceni.

I didn't mean to brand all tuggers as Miserable....ONLY This one.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Hiya Iceni.

I didn't mean to brand all tuggers and Miserable....ONLY This one.:ROFLMAO:

I used to have a Caravan but it didn't work for us...So now we've got the RV.

I could have labelled it "Why are some PEOPLE so miserable".Certainly not aiming this at all our camping cousins.

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
the whole matter was a freedom of speech incident !!! whats wrong with a bit of that ! hee hee :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Blimey AD

That was like a red rag to a bull :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Guess you got em hook, line and sinker :Doh:

Folks on here really do need to lighten up a bit.....life is far to short :Angry:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Blimey AD

That was like a red rag to a bull :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Guess you got em hook, line and sinker :Doh:

Folks on here really do need to lighten up a bit.....life is far to short :Angry:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::RollEyes:

It was worth it though.:winky:

So That's 4x4's, Tuggers, any others.....Oh Yes "A" Frames....Mac's.....

Last edited:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Lets not forget the "Carrier Bag" brigade as well :Eeek::Eeek:

I got 1 the other day coming out of Tescos....

"Why dont you use a reusable bag??" blar be blar de blar :Eeek:

Wouldnt mind but i only went in for some milk and didnt even use a carrier bag...i just carried out the carton!!:Doh:

Some people have far to much time on their hands...maybe they need to buy a motorhome and get out more :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Nowt wrong with bikers,, as long as they are hansome,, debonair,, sexy looking,, :winky:

And ride Harley`s.. :ROFLMAO:

I have always been a G.O.B`td,, when I was a Tugger and when I had a coachbuilt MH,, and even now that I have a 5er,, so my misses say`s,, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And anybody can buy me a pint or four,, :thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• DSC03199.jpg
    DSC03199.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 10
  • P1020249.jpg
    P1020249.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Interesting one this....
It just goes to show that there's discrimination everywhere we look.
That's life I guess....But wouldn't the world be a far better place without it?

Yes,I'm am a biker too.........:Cool:
So I know where you're coming from......:RollEyes:

Guess I've spent too much time doing things......
I object when some person tries to impose their ways upon me.

I'll grow old when I'm ready Thanks.....

Last edited:

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hiya Iceni.

I didn't mean to brand all tuggers and Miserable....ONLY This one.:ROFLMAO:

I used to have a Caravan but it didn't work for us...So now we've got the RV.

I could have labelled it "Why are some PEOPLE so miserable".Certainly not aiming this at all our camping cousins.

No problem mate - no offence taken.
We are all miserable sometimes - me included

Phill

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
So That's 4x4's, Tuggers, any others.....Oh Yes "A" Frames....Mac's.....

Don't forget bikers.:ROFLMAO:
John.

well, I have an A Frame and a Mac .. used to have a 4x4, so nearly a full house.. :roflmto:

but I have generator .. don't you just luv em :winky: can I use that in place of a bike .. :thumb:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I LOVE genny's.....

well, I have an A Frame and a Mac .. used to have a 4x4, so nearly a full house.. :roflmto:

but I have generator .. don't you just luv em :winky: can I use that in place of a bike .. :thumb:
I'm sure you can Jim.I hope it's a B++++y great biggun.:thumb::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back