Why All White ??? (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
image.jpeg
We went for metallic "white gold " when we bought the Peugeot to convert. It's a pale champagne gold colour. It blends in nicely. Takes on a greeny tinge against grass and bushes. We didn't want to go dark because then the metal gets red hot in the summer. Knowing people who said they wouldn't go dark again because of it.
But as we had a choice , didn't want boring white either.
So while we were having lots of other extras added to the base vehicle , we thought we may as well choose one of the colour options. It meant waiting a bit longer to get it. But we were glad we did.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Can you spot us ? Above the big ball looking over the beach .

Last edited:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I got lost in the MH park in the dark at Lincoln last year, lost in a sea of white fridges all made of ticky tacky and all look the same.
Same with houses, it is almost as if the British LIKE being regimented and locked into standard items. I would like a goldy/brown one as they look a lot cleaner than white ever could be, I had a fiesta car that was that colour same as road dirt which did not show unlike its BLACK replacement which is the pits. White is better for heat but not in Scotland or Wales, it attracts the midges. I did note that at NEC white is now BRILLIANT WHITE and the inside seem to be WHITE with White leatherette and panel work and WHITE everything. Yucggh!

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
Our La Strada PVC is MB "graphite"...sadly MB touch up paint [ for those inevitable stone chips] is unavailable in the UK...

Found some on line fortunately..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm all for different colours but the current trend of white bodies with blue or black cabs just looks daft IMO.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Well motorhomes, like washing machines, driers and all household goods come in white.... Hence "white goods"
Probably the reason all brides come in white too !.

Coat/door/run !

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
It was so obvious at the NEC Motorhome and Caravan show that most vans are still mainly white with the exception of a few Hymers and Burstners. Even the top of range eurovans look so bland in plain white with a few decals.
When spending perhaps £70 - £150 k a few more thousand for a proper paint job could give you a real eye catcher.
Ours is Champange:p:cool:
Brian & Jo

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
View attachment 79223 We went for metallic "white gold " when we bought the Peugeot to convert. It's a pale champagne gold colour. It blends in nicely. Takes on a greeny tinge against grass and bushes. We didn't want to go dark because then the metal gets red hot in the summer. Knowing people who said they wouldn't go dark again because of it.
So while we were having lots of other extras added to the base vehicle , we thought we may as well choose one of the colour options. It meant waiting a bit longer to get it. But we were glad we did.
View attachment 79221
View attachment 79224
Looks like hushinish beach on Harris,

exactly the same spot as my avatar

Andy

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hey Larry hope you and Winn are well ,I will call you soon to see how the hunt is going.
Best wishes to you both.(y)
Brian & Jo

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
View attachment 79223 We went for metallic "white gold " when we bought the Peugeot to convert. It's a pale champagne gold colour. It blends in nicely. Takes on a greeny tinge against grass and bushes. We didn't want to go dark because then the metal gets red hot in the summer. Knowing people who said they wouldn't go dark again because of it.
View attachment 79221
View attachment 79224

Only because your MH is WHITE :ROFLMAO:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
It's not the any colour providing it's white that annoys me. With the exception of PVC's and the original cabs of C class, the white paint on the bodywork of most non GRP vans is a pathetic wafer thin equivalent of fridges and washing machines. Why can't we have full automotive standard multicoat paint finishes? Oh, and lose the hideous swirly decals and other odd patterns, please.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
When I first got my van it was all white with some pathetic decals which were faded and dead so I pulled them of. It looked the same as a Serco/Group 4, Prison van as there were few windows and a sea of white. It was horrible so I mixed and matched some logos off Ebay and stuck them on instead. Looks a load better but still bloody well white. I do not have anywhere to spray a vehicle that big so it will have to stay like it until someone else buys it. Hymers look better in metallic brown I think but it cost a packet to buy them new.

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Ditto with our Chausson Flash...white (with a few decal squiggles). Reminds me of the days when you could have a car any colour you liked...as long as it was black

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I've seen a big PVC in red and it just looked like Post Office van, I suppose you could park where you liked.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It makes production easy, most coacbuilt or A class vans are not painted as such, the colour is applied to the Alluminium during its production long before it gets anywhere near a motorhome. Likewise the Fibreglass panels and mouldings, most of the mouldings have their colour applied when they are 100's if not 1000's of miles away from the chassis they are going to be fixed to. After the production process any colour to make the "white box" identifiable as particular make or model is applied with stick on graphics.
The exceptions to this are PVC's as they go down a production line to become a van and can be painted any colour the customer requests, this is then raw material for the converter.

There are some exception like this Vario-mobil which you will notice has no visible join from the front to the side panels as it is all bonded and blended into one Fibreglass shell, this has to be painted as there are manufacturing processes to cover up, does't mean they wont paint it white though!.
vario_star_2009_images_1.jpg

Ginge3685

Free Member
Jun 5, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
K
IMG_0583.jpg
This old lady used to be white and now has a new coat, looks good for a roller and brush job. Paint used was Rustoleum took just over a week....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back