Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Motorhome garages are ideal for a cycles or even a motorcycle but I notice that lots of people use a garage for general storage and that things just get stacked on top of each other, I have seen some that look like a bomb site. How do you utilise your garage space? especially with most of it being vertical. Do you put shelves up and racks? How about a photo to show us how neat and organised you are, or to show us your bomb site, come on, show us your garage.>:)

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
only been out once scince october bit of a shed at the mo:roflmto: on the right i cut holes in two large storage boxes and strapped them in rather than building shelves :Smile:

Attachments

• DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 555
  • DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 527

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Probably as relevant now as it was then, but judging by the lack of replies, most people didn't have neat organised solutions

Andrew

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Probably as relevant now as it was then, but judging by the lack of replies, most people didn't have neat organised solutions

Andrew
Ours was but has now been emptied for the winter. If I was to take a photo it would show an empty space. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I got quite excited then as we've only had 4 trips out and it's driving me mad already.

So far, for the smaller items I've bought some clear, zipped storage bags from Dunelm Mill which at least keeps everything together.

Les doesn't want to drill the sides of the van - I wondered about attaching stuff with sikaflex is it? Seems to get mentioned alot on here, wondered if it would be suitable?

Would be interested to see others solutions?

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We got our "stuff" in a couple of those collapsable crates from B&Q, the rest is either on top or around.
Stuff we use most, in front, Outside stuff chairs table BBQ etc on top, stuff like tool kit Tow rope Tyre pump, stuff we hardly use, in the crates . We also got the spare tyre in there under everything else

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am now on my second motorhome with a garage and would never consider another motorhome without one. I have it completely fitted with extra fuel tank, 3 way beer fridge, gas oven and hob, BBQ, overhead rails to hold chairs and outside table, large hooks to hold various hookup leads, water hoses, macerator hoses and a four drawer cupboard to hold odds and sods. I use the garage as an outside kitchen as I have it wired for electric and plumbed in with its own gas bottle. Would never dream of putting a bike in there. This is a photo of the previous garage, the one I have now is much bigger.
Roastmaster oven 004.JPG

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we had a Chausson with a garage I utilised a pocket storage compartment from an old suitcase which I fastened to the inside of the offside door, I also utilised some of the elasticated luggage nets (motorcycle ones are the best size) to keep stuff in place on the existing shelves/up against the sides. I also used some larger elasticated luggage nets on the underside of the bed to store lighter but bulky items to make them accessible but out of the way.

On the back wall I slotted some ratchet strap material behind the metal bed supports and the wall panel (above a fixing point) then knotted it to form loops to which I attached/threaded through elastic bungy straps so that I could slot larger items behind the bungy straps such as the chairs, table etc. I did the same where appropriate on the front inside wall of the garage too which proved useful for holding water containers etc in place but again easily accessible. I resisted using 'rigid' boxes as they can be bulky and take up a lot of space even when empty, and instead found various sized zipped or cord closure bags (old shopping bags, kids sports bags etc) were much easier to find places to store away and could be 'grabbed' quite easily to retrieve them. I also had to store the spare wheel in there so our garage was a bit 'tighter' than some others so everything having it's place was vital:

06 - Storage offisde.JPG
07 - Hanging net offside.JPG
08 - Hanging net nearside.JPG
09 - Storage nearside.JPG
Broken Link Removed
Spare Wheel - r.jpg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Our garage has eye rings on a rail system and I have hung a fabric shoe rack like this one:

Broken Link Removed

on the top rail. All the fuses, spare bulbs and other odds and ends go in there. Easy to get to in an emergency.
There were already cubby holes and shelves on the wall that is not the rear wall of the van and wellies, fix and go, buckets, EHU leads go into their own spaces. The centre part has bikes, one behind the other, outside table and chairs, outside cooker and stand plus drive away awning all in their bags and in their own place.

Sorted!

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Got a letterbox!
About 70cm wide by 25 cm high.
Stores:-
2 x reclining chairs
2 x beach loungers
leveling blocks
moroccan mat
filling hose
awning support
extending handle & brush
shopping trolley
Several "bricks"
All carefully loaded in order.
"Krypton factor" springs to mind

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I am in the middle of fitting out mine,firstly with a batten across the back to hold the chairs and table and higher up a piece of pole to take pockets and hooks for the EHU cable.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I find it amazing that people with 3.5ton campers can load their garages without going over their rear axle weight.
I think it depends on how long the overhang is and how careful you are with what goes where.

The batteries from our e-bikes go inside in a box by the hab door as they are the heaviest parts of the bikes. The gas bottle from the outside cooker goes into the gas locker and that's the heaviest part of that, The rest of the stuff is pretty light weight but bulky.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Garages are for people with too much crap to haul around.

No John, trailers are for people with too much crap to carry around. Mine not only carries my car but my inflatable boat, outboard motor, 2 mobility scooters, party tent, Spartamet motorised bike, outside mats, tools, welder, compressor, and all the other junk I think I may need.
Winter 2014 003.JPG

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
image.jpg
On the shelf are things like windscreen exterior blind, roll-up ally tables, windbreak, beach umbrella and exterior mat to go under the awning plus free standing washing line. The fold up chairs, buckets, tool-box, bag with electric cables and hose pipes sit on the floor of the garage, all easy to access without having to take out lots of items to get to those underneath.
The photo was taken last year, I've now reorganised it to accommodate a spare wheel and I can even manage to fit in a spare 13kg gas bottle.
Before anybody says it, yes, we are probably just 'slightly' overweight

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Me thinks certain Funsters carry around too much "stuff" with them.

Rufty Tufty, Off-Site, Freeloading, Tossers have no need for a garage in their vans...

They just need a spare toothbrush and a change of underwear (if they are planning on being away for more than a couple of months).

JJ :cool:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

Rufty Tufty, Off-Site, Freeloading, Tossers have no need for a garage in their vans...

They just need a spare toothbrush and a change of underwear (if they are planning on being away for more than a couple of months).

After that turn them inside out :ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

Saws the man with a ride on lawnmower :LOL:

Reactions: JJ

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Wow, we are only at the 'What crockery will we buy, melamine or china ?' :think::think:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back