Who's going abroad this year ? (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Jim!

I'll be abroad all august ..... going to.....UK:roflmto:

I had planned to come and visit you but things have changed:cry:. I was supposed to come with my car but life decided i wouldn't do it that way so have to fly :RollEyes:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We usually go to France but this year we're going to the Netherlands mid June for 10 days (Newcastle to Ijmuiden) then crossing back Hook to Harwich (courtesy of Tesco vouchers) and touring slowly back up to Scotland for another 10 days.
chose the Netherlands for two reasons a) small country, closer to home, less miles = less diesel b) great cycling country so will enjoy using our bikes
No doubt we'll miss France but it's good to try something new.:thumb:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Fortunately for us there are still quite a few planning to tour France and pop in to see us this year. We had a great time over Easter, with some of our guests creating the Parc Verger Badminton and Wine Appreciation Society - we'll leave it to you to decide which activity went on longest! ::bigsmile:
We were intrigued to see the summer prices quoted on some of the earlier posts which seem incredibly high to us - our fully serviced pitches are only 20 Euros per night for a rig and two people with 16A electricity, and that's before the 10% discount for Funsters; lawn pitches are cheaper still. OK, we're not an all-singing all-dancing site, just a tranquil site in rural France, but ideal for those wanting to crash out.
Early March we welcomed one couple en route to Spain...they decided not to move on and ended up staying for two months! Parc Verger (www.parcverger.com) is that sort of site.
Anyway, there's no need to pay a fortune even if you want to stay on a site as opposed to an aire, and there is plenty to do away from the crowded coastal sites. Diesel is cheaper than in the UK, especially if you buy from supermarkets, so come on over!:thumb:
Bob

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
France for 17 days mid June Tunnel crossing with Tesco Vouchers, depending on the weather how far down we go. Cost, bugger the cost you only have 1 life, Live it.:ROFLMAO:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Rented a cottage outside Thirsk for a week, going to great Yorks Show.

Deisel here (S ireland) €1.46 a litre. Petrol slightly dearer.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Enjoy Thirsk, and eat well at my nephew's!

My sister's family live near Thirsk, my nephew has a pub, the King's Arms, with great food at Sandhutton, only a stone's throw away! We on the other hand are going in the van to south and west ireland for the first time, and really looking forward to it!

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi
Should be in Scotland now for our first 6 week trip of the year, but one of our dogs decided to eat a Coke box ( well part of ) and needed major surgery to remove as it formed a blockage. Still getting on fine now, hopefully normal service will be resumed, hope to get to Scotland later in the year, for a couple of trips at least.

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Hi Jim,

All these people heading off in their motorhomes....you will be getting restless :cry:

We will be heading south in the winter again this year. Hopefully around the beginning of October. Would love to get away during the summer but need to keep working to earn enough for the winter jolly. The fuel cost will not make any difference, just have to budget more :Eeek:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Heading for Germany this Year, most probably the Black Forest. Looking forward to nice weather, fine halbtrochen weisswein and lots of trips to the local schnelly!:yeah:

The savings on campsites swing it for us, using aires and stellplatze will offset the cost of the ferry and the extra fuel burnt by travelling abroad.::bigsmile:

Like it or not, UK touring using campsites is very costly. CLs are usually miles from anywhere (unlike aires and stellplatze) and the the UK is so motorhome unfriendly that we find it hard to call a UK break a holiday.:Sad:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Sailing from Hull to Rotterdam on our way down to Lake Garda 1st September for 7 days then back up to Erding for the beer festival at Munich. :thumb:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
are the overnight cabins expensive?

Don't forget your passport...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We are going to sleep in the van as cabins cost a fortune. Regarding passports, we are exempt from using them on this trip and will claim Assylum on our return. We could do with a state handout and free housing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim,

All these people heading off in their motorhomes....you will be getting restless :cry:

We will be heading south in the winter again this year. Hopefully around the beginning of October. Would love to get away during the summer but need to keep working to earn enough for the winter jolly. The fuel cost will not make any difference, just have to budget more :Eeek:

Not half .. my feet are itching to 'get on the road again ' .. ::bigsmile:

reading all these posts has really depressed me.. sooooo many having FUN .. :cry:

thanks to all for reminding me just how much I'm missing it ...

safe travels to you all :Smile:

Jim

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
What can you do. When I run outa cash, thats it. Until then, keep on truckin. Were into our second month of a three month trip around France and Spain.

We are currentley on the Costa Blanca and having a ball. Havent worn any Budgie Smugglers yet but I have a great tale to tell.

All the Best Folks

Jim

:thumb:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
couple of weeks in June to France then back again over in September moneys tight and not a lot of spare cash but I DO KNOW the best way to spend it!!:thumb:
fuel is expensive but as a percentage it is not going to add much to the similar trips I did last year ..........cant wait::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We are of to France at the end of the month. Partly due to fuel costs and having to shorten the trip by a day we will not be traveling as far. we looked at going somewhere south of the Loire but now Lac du Der is looking promising. Thought about missing out the Toll roads but I think that might be a step too far.

Andy

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We are of to France at the end of the month. Partly due to fuel costs and having to shorten the trip by a day we will not be traveling as far. we looked at going somewhere south of the Loire but now Lac du Der is looking promising. Thought about missing out the Toll roads but I think that might be a step too far.

Andy

Hi Andy
Just found the lake you are trying (Lac du Der) can you take a canoe on it? are there any aires nearby or are you going on sites?
thanks

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Hi Bob, Val & Toby.

Yes you can take a canoe on the lake. We are taking a Sevylor 2 man inflatable. There are 4 Aires around the Lake. Hopefully this link will show you.
Link Removed

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We're off to Cyprus in October but not with the m/h, friends of ours are in the RAF and its their final year so off to visit them :thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I find that taking the camper abroad now can be a chore rather than pleasure.
I love driving and when the kids were young loved a month with the van in Spain but now I find the whole process a bit of a bore.:Sad:

Yes i will be travailing abroad but not in the van. We have a villa booked in five weeks time in Majorca. Couple of trips to the US and one to Aus.
Having said that I will still be enjoying my van throughout the year but probably not abroad.:thumb:

Paulh

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Bangor N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Blimey, you guys an" gals get off light when it comes to a French trip :Smile:. We live in N.Ireland and have to find £500+ just to get to England :cry:. If you go via S.Ireland you can look at £1000+ for a Rosslare -Cherbourg ferry ! We"ve done France 4 times for 3/4 weeks but this year it may be a couple of weeks in a Spanish villa :cry: .Sitting by a pool just won"t compare to the "adventures" in an RV ! PaulH (20 years in NI, but a Gloster boy really!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back