Whoo Whoo Fon (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We are outside a cafe in verdun, and lo and behold I am posting this message with a fon connection, first time I have ever got it to work in three years of trying, went straight to login , put my bt details in and b.....r me its working.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
As you were, its unconnected because it says I have too many devices connected, iv only got my phone with me!
So back on with o2 roaming, works everywhere £1.99 a day but worth it compared with all this signing in and stuff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry and Jan

Free Member
Feb 25, 2014
Saltash,Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
As i'm with Virgin for my landline, I bought a Fon box off the net and set it up. just been to Spain and Portugal and the Fon log in in both countries worked a treat.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong iv followed addies instructions to the letter and still got nowhere then today out of the blue it worked but then said I had too many devices connected, what the hell does that mean when I have only got my phone with me. Not overly worried as I can usually find a WiFi or as I said use o2 but it really is baffling.

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Fon works fine for me when in France, but obviously only if I'm near a built up area.
Use a wifi directional antenna,set up laptop as a hotspot and can then connect multiple devices to it.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Does it know how many I have connected at home on bt, tv etc, as I said baffling

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Taken form Fon website
"you can connect using more than one device at the same time (up to a maximum of 3 connections per Fon account). However, at different Fon Spots it is not possible to connect using the same account at the same time."

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
I found this old reference to FON

And if im correct, all you need is a BT line rental agreement to use them.

To connect easily you need to download the official BT WIFI APP then set up a BT ID account using your email address (must be registered with BT) and BT line account number.....you DO NOT need a BT broadband account.

Is this correct? The app basically says it's for Broadband or Business customers.

We wanted to try it for Germany next month (got 3 for the rest) using my mum's BT landline account (this is registered with my email address in any case).

We don't want to buy a FON box.

Thanks

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I have a Fon router and BT broadband at home. I've never been able to connect with BT outside of the U.K., but Fon is easy. We have an Iboost connected to an SFR Fon spot somewhere nearby and can connect both iPads, both iPhones and a Macbook at the same time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back