Whole New World! (1 Viewer)

milpip

Free Member
May 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Wayfarer 98
Hi all, very new to all things Motor Home. We have a Peugeot Boxer 1998 Wayfarer. My challenge is that we have popped it on a pitch for a while, come home, and didn’t take the measurement of the rail height to buy an awning to take back with us! Is anyone able to enlighten me please?

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
:welcome4:I am sure someone will be along soon to answer your question. Hope you have lots of memory making adventures.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

I assume your Wayfarer already has a wind-out awning, and you want to attach a drive-away awning to the existing awning rail.....or am I mistaken....?:unsure:

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
A quick search suggests it might be 2.9m high so knock off a bit to reach the rail and you'll be about there I think. However, worth a more detailed search...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

milpip

Free Member
May 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Wayfarer 98
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

I assume your Wayfarer already has a wind-out awning, and you want to attach a drive-away awning to the existing awning rail.....or am I mistaken....?:unsure:
Yes, it’s got the wind out one, but we want a more substantial awning as we need an enclosed space for storage, and drying two dogs!

OP
OP
M

milpip

Free Member
May 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Wayfarer 98
A quick search suggests it might be 2.9m high so knock off a bit to reach the rail and you'll be about there I think. However, worth a more detailed search...
Thank you, may just risk it then. Someone local to us is selling a 250x260 awning, but for the life of me I can’t picture how far from the roof the awning track is on ours.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Is it like this one.....?
1506A230-62F7-4DE8-9E4C-E3B0FDEA00BE.jpeg

OP
OP
M

milpip

Free Member
May 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
Wayfarer 98
That’s really helpful thank you. Looks like my local bargain will be too small then. Back to the drawing board. Really appreciate your help.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Hello and welcome . It’s worth measuring the height of the awning rail before you make a purchase . If you get the wrong one it’s going to be a pain to return .
Remember sometimes you may be using levelling ramps which can raise the height of the rail .

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Hello and welcome . It’s worth measuring the height of the awning rail before you make a purchase . If you get the wrong one it’s going to be a pain to return .
Remember sometimes you may be using levelling ramps which can raise the height of the rail .
.....and the awning rail length too! (y)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

I am not up on this 'awning ' thing but logic tells me that if you 'attach' something to a wind-out awning you cannot then driveaway.

Please advise.

Geoff

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I am not up on this 'awning ' thing but logic tells me that if you 'attach' something to a wind-out awning you cannot then driveaway.

Please advise.

Geoff
Yes you can Geoff, you attach the awning with a figure 8 strip into the windout awning front rail when the awning is wound in.
When you want to move you simply pull out the strip.
Of course, this only works with a driveway awning which is designed to be free standing.
The OP is after a caravan type awning, once you remove the strip the whole thing will callapse.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The OP would be better off using the windout awning and adding sides and front panels.... Safari room.
Still got the problem of the dog legging it under the van so would also need skirts and fixing rails.

Might as well buy a caravan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back