Who would you invite to Christmas dinner? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Apart from the usual crowd, all those in my family who have died since 1950 and as a guest for me Guy Martin

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Crikey this took a lot of thought! My mum is with us every year, but I would love my dad to be there. Our Rob loved his grandad dearly and he died on Rob's last day of primary school. Both sets of my grandparents, so that Rob could meet them. Cliff's mum and dad so that both Rob and I could meet them.

Keith Floyd to cook the meal, provide the wine and banter around the table!
George Harrison and Joe Brown to jam alongside Janine, Barrie and me on the ukes!
Richard Burton to read 'Under Milk Wood', to lull us all into an afternoon nap!
Dame Maggie Smith, Judy Dench, Billy Connolly, Alan Bennett, Derek Jacobi, and Laurence Olivier to wake us up by recounting witty 'lovey' stories whether true or not!
Roy Plumley, Sue Lawley and Kirsty Young to share their favourite Desert Island Discs!
Freddie Mercury to sing 'Love of My Life' to me (my all time favourite song)!

Upon re-reading this list, I think I yearn to be fed and entertained, so to finish, this lot are not allowed out of the kitchen - they will be preparing the food, washing up, cleaning the kitchen, washing the floors, and putting the rubbish out....

Tony Blair, George Dubbyah Bush, Katie Price, Piers Morgan, Jeremy Kyle, and Rob Titchner (this will only be relevant to fellow Archers Addicts!)

Of course on Boxing Day I will invite ALL my Funster Mates, too many to mention, to bring along an humongous American Supper, washed down with loads of @daveandsan Sandra's liquers, @Popeye Paul's best Port and Brandy, @Mousy Dawn's posh gin, and of course everyones leftover booze..... yeah right..... :xrofl:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Yes I forgot to invite two people, not for sitting down with us to dine but to run across the line of guns on our shoot dinner day on Boxing day.........sadly I have long forgotten the names of these two fine individuals but I expect some funsters may recall them:-

The prat on your left must sound the horn when he starts running and the younger fellow must stay within 15 feet so the the chance of two birds with one stone exists, don't want to waste 25pence on a cartridge for no reason.

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes I forgot to invite two people, not for sitting down with us to dine but to run across the line of guns on our shoot dinner day on Boxing day.........sadly I have long forgotten the names of these two fine individuals but I expect some funsters may recall them:-

The prat on your left must sound the horn when he starts running and the younger fellow must stay within 15 feet so the the chance of two birds with one stone exists, don't want to waste 25pence on a cartridge for no reason.

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

I was going to say the one on the left to be in the kitchen, but decided I didn't even want him in the house even to clean the loo after all that rich food!

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I'd love to see my Father's father so that Grandad would be invited then it would have to be Jill Dando, George Harrison, Princess Dianna, Billy Connolly, Robin Williams and Phil @Taran_Las just to confirm that they all attended and to help with the Port.

images
article-2592741-02288552000004B0-470_306x423.jpg
images
I thought I might have made the list

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Me mate Mk2, so that we could once more get gloriously, happy drunk, and spend the night talking of our good times, that are now bringing us dark times

My Dad' just to ask him why? he had to go back when he needn't

and me Mum for one last cuddle

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sume of the very hart sad stuff on her has got me in :crying:
But my younger brother who died this year in February my big sister mum and dad and our grand son Karl wo died
bur Christmas holds so many happy memories and life go's on
pleas every one have a very happy x mass
bill

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My natural Mum, Dad & younger brother who have all passed on. I was adopted at a very early age and never knew them...so family Christmas dinner with them all would have been pretty special! :xgrin::xgrin:

My wife's Dad was adopted in Cambridgeshire during the war.

I grew up in West Wales.

Her Dad has now tracked down his biological family and they all know my Mum in West Wales.

It's a bit creepy to be honest

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Two Grannies (No disrespect for the other two) and ALL my old workmates.... I will even sit down with the two i could willingly swing for.
Happy Chrismas !!
Tea Bag

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Crikey this took a lot of thought! My mum is with us every year, but I would love my dad to be there. Our Rob loved his grandad dearly and he died on Rob's last day of primary school. Both sets of my grandparents, so that Rob could meet them. Cliff's mum and dad so that both Rob and I could meet them.

George Harrison and Joe Brown to jam alongside Janine, Barrie and me on the ukes!
Dame Maggie Smith, Judy Dench, Billy Connolly, Alan Bennett, Derek Jacobi, and Laurence Olivier to wake us up by recounting witty 'lovey' stories whether true or not!
Roy Plumley, Sue Lawley and Kirsty Young to share their favourite Desert Island Discs!

Upon re-reading this list, I think I yearn to be fed and entertained, so to finish, this lot are not allowed out of the kitchen - they will be preparing the food, washing up, cleaning the kitchen, washing the floors, and putting the rubbish out....

Tony Blair, George Dubbyah Bush, Katie Price, Piers Morgan, Jeremy Kyle, and Rob Titchner (this will only be relevant to fellow Archers Addicts!)

Of course on Boxing Day I will invite ALL my Funster Mates, too many to mention, to bring along an humongous American Supper, washed down with loads of @daveandsan Sandra's liquers, @Popeye Paul's best Port and Brandy, @Mousy Dawn's posh gin, and of course everyones leftover booze..... yeah right..... :xrofl:
Yes rob titchner so i could put one on him so frustrating, have nice christmas

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I like your list "Cliffandger" .
I would like all my old Army buddies (many no longer here) so we could get happily drunk together one last time and talk of great times..
My Grandparents, so I could ask them all the questions I should have asked while they were still here..
All the people I have hurt in the past, so that I could say sorry.. And mean it !!
All the good bosses I have had in the past, so I could say thank you..
All the pretentious "Wabbits" I have had as bosses in the past so that I could tell them how sad and transparent they were..
Freddie Mercury and Monserrat Cabalier to sing Barcelona at full blast ..
All the nice "gentle" people on this site who have reached a stage in their lives where they can relax and just be at peace with others and enjoy life...
A couple of slightly "wilder" folk, just to shake the rest of us out of our comfort zone now and again..
And someone to really teach me how to play golf to my potential.. even this late in life...
Jools Holland to give us a display of his prodigious talent and wide variety of playing styles...
And Nelson Mandela, so I could ask him how the hell he found the strength to surmount the many obstacles in his life and just so that he could sit at the head of the table and give us all his wonderful smile....
The list is endless, as I wish life could be...
But, lets just make sure we squeeze every last drop out of the one we have !!!
We wish you ALL a wonderful time over Christmas and a really happy and successful year next year, whatever you do..
Mitch and Jenny..
xx.:xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Dad,Mum sister Maggy,brothers Sid and Bob .sadly all now dust, and good memories
But every Xmas we would meet up for a half pint in a number of taverns across Plymouth,waterfront some of them no longer there .then with the other three brothers have the a drink or three then home to lunch at respective houses all on foot .no taxis or driving .best xmases ever

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I would invite my Great Grandparents and my Great Great Grandparents.

My Great Great Grandfather could provide the after dinner entertainment - he was a music hall magician, ventriloquist, and Punch & Judy man, married three times and lived into his 80s. I imagine he was a bit of a character.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
My Dad so he could meet Jane :xThumb: and he could tell her an ironing board is a good present :xrofl:

Bring her over here, I'll tell her!

I like your list "Cliffandger" .
I would like all my old Army buddies (many no longer here) so we could get happily drunk together one last time and talk of great times..
My Grandparents, so I could ask them all the questions I should have asked while they were still here..
All the people I have hurt in the past, so that I could say sorry.. And mean it !!
All the good bosses I have had in the past, so I could say thank you..
All the pretentious "Wabbits" I have had as bosses in the past so that I could tell them how sad and transparent they were..
Freddie Mercury and Monserrat Cabalier to sing Barcelona at full blast ..
All the nice "gentle" people on this site who have reached a stage in their lives where they can relax and just be at peace with others and enjoy life...
A couple of slightly "wilder" folk, just to shake the rest of us out of our comfort zone now and again..
And someone to really teach me how to play golf to my potential.. even this late in life...
Jools Holland to give us a display of his prodigious talent and wide variety of playing styles...
And Nelson Mandela, so I could ask him how the hell he found the strength to surmount the many obstacles in his life and just so that he could sit at the head of the table and give us all his wonderful smile....
The list is endless, as I wish life could be...
But, lets just make sure we squeeze every last drop out of the one we have !!!
We wish you ALL a wonderful time over Christmas and a really happy and successful year next year, whatever you do..
Mitch and Jenny..
xx.:xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:

I'd like to be at that Dinner Party, well thought out and if I'm invited could I be a fly on the wall at the Golf lesson

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Can I come with my ukulele please?

Wyn

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
As with others, all the people I have loved and lost, relatives and friends, and grandparents who I never met. I would like them to meet the new generations, I would like my niece/ goddaughter from Australia too.

If I could have another bash on New Years eve I would like to see all the people who have ever lived in our old house. :xeek: I am not sure I would actually like to meet them :xblink:Maybe I could just watch them from a quiet corner and join in if they are friendly. Would like some moral support from my friends and family on the night too!

Celebrity wise some great suggestions Freddie Mercury would be on my list too:xThumb:

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Never met you Popeye ((yet)) but you are very welcome mate.
We were down your neck of the woods in Autumn. went to see Bucklers Hard and Beauleu motor museum (as I'm a petrol head) and we stayed at the CC "centenary site" which was very tidy and only a quick bike ride to the woods.
Nice area.
Mitch.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Firstly, I would invite all of my previous girlfriends or lovers :xwink:
Wow, firework night and Christmas all rolled in to one!

Then, funster-wise @eddievanbitz because trying to get a moment with him at shows is like asking for an audience with the HM the Queen!

PS. All said tongue in cheek of course. Would love my late mum and dad to be there really. Praps leave the women for Boxing Day :D

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Dalai Lama.
Princess Diana
Stephen Fry
Dudley Moore..
Nell my wonderful daughter to keep the convo going and to stop me making a fool of myself.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Dalai Lama.
Princess Diana
Stephen Fry
Dudley Moore..
Nell my wonderful daughter to keep the convo going and to stop me making a fool of myself.

How on Earth did I leave Dudley Moore off my list, sorry Dud see you Friday.....:xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back