Who was the Funster in Thornaby on Tees this morning? (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
You know when you are getting old.
You spend more time seeing off friends and relatives at Acklam crematorium than you do at the pub. :(

Reactions: LAM
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I had an intermittent airbag light on my mothers Seat Ibitha. I was going to buy an ECU off eBay but decided to have a look. Once it was off the car the most obvious thing to do was look inside (without any real hope of being able to see anything useful). The cover screw was loose - and engaged the units earth connection. Once that was tightened the fault light went off without resetting. I'm pretty certain that a Seat agent would simply have replaced it - no doubt at staggering cost. The moral? Worth a look even if you don't know what you're doing.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
You probably wouldn't recognise much of Thornaby now :) The commercial part of the town centre was rebuilt a few years ago and, as it's only a mile or so away from us, we do most of our shopping there. Jill's Dad lives just off Thornaby Road and the A174 (which has just been dualled between Thornaby Road and the A19 because of the traffic from Ingleby Barwick.

ICI was split up/sold off mainly in the 1990s. The Tioxide plant at Billingham went to Huntsman and I think the fertiliser business is now owned by CF Fertilisers UK.

By its a small world :D we lived on Bassleton Court 15 years ago before we moved to the Coast, O.H worked at ICI North Tees for 25 years and lived just off Lanehouse road all his life. No ~Graham it wasnt us either but I saw a funster sticker a couple of weeks ago cant remember where though now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Used to Dock, ICI North Tees`. with Liquefied Sulfer. From Poland. and a Highly volatile gas (who`s name I forget) used in making Polystyrene? From Antwerp. in the 70`s. Interesting times!.

Pete
What year was that Pete ? my hubby was Superintendent at North Tees and in his early years used to work at the Jetties.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
By its a small world :D we lived on Bassleton Court 15 years ago before we moved to the Coast, O.H worked at ICI North Tees for 25 years and lived just off Lanehouse road all his life. No ~Graham it wasnt us either but I saw a funster sticker a couple of weeks ago cant remember where though now.
It is a small world :D Jill used to work for a company that was eventually based at Thorntree Farm (which her boss bought) on Bassleton Lane. Her Dad lives off Cunningham Drive.

The MH was Tim (chopper602) :D

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Just goes to show you never know who is watching you :ROFLMAO: I knew Bassleton lane well I walked my dog there most days were were Bader Avenue.

Reactions: GJH

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
If it's the crematorium, it's closer to me than Graham
hi 'T from T'.
It was a sad day losing a friend who was far too young :crying1:and the weather to go with it, what happened to that crisp, cold, sunny 'North' that I've grown used to :wondering: ?

Traveling south? Shouldn't have told them you were coming north :D

Cheeky ! Put out the word, I'm on my way back to warmer climes tomorrow:whistle2: :imoutahere:
I would like to thank all you 'Northern folk' for your hospitality, you actually talk to strangers, even the taxi drivers were chatty, what's all that about, doesn't happen down my way :getmecoat:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
hi 'T from T'.
It was a sad day losing a friend who was far too young :crying1:and the weather to go with it, what happened to that crisp, cold, sunny 'North' that I've grown used to :wondering: ?

Cheeky ! Put out the word, I'm on my way back to warmer climes tomorrow:whistle2: :imoutahere:
I would like to thank all you 'Northern folk' for your hospitality, you actually talk to strangers, even the taxi drivers were chatty, what's all that about, doesn't happen down my way :getmecoat:
The weather is forecast to be dry and sunny tomorrow. Have a safe journey back.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
The weather is forecast to be dry and sunny tomorrow. Have a safe journey back.
Thank you, Graham

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
That's O.K Pete probably before your time anyway it was probably 1964 when he was on the jetties unloading oil.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back