Who smokes in their motorhome? (1 Viewer)

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Maybe people think its clever to kid others over a sale of a van that has been smoked in. Lets hope they don't find out and under the trades description act ask for their money back.
There has been a lot of talk in high places about charging people who self inflict, costing the NHS loads of money. In this catagory is smoking, obesiety, being taken to hospital due to drink and catching all kind of things from unprotected sex with strangers.
Maybe if this is passed in the house the NHS would most certainly make a profit, the cost of fines for parking and speed cameras would never be spoken about again.

in an ideal world, yes i am a smoker and yes i smoke in my motor home,/home but i respect those who don't and would never dream of lighting a cigerette if i am in other peoples, m/h or homes which includes our daughters, i have spent a lot of money in trying to give up,including hynotherapy etc etc, alas to no avail, however i pay my taxes, (more if you smoke) so yes i expect free nhs care, just like anyone else, or send the bill to the government as they allowed it here in the first place. food for thought, a friends father gave up smoking after smoking for many years, result died of a heart attack within two weeks, coroners verdict after smoking for so many years he shouldn't have given it up, because the stress it caused him gave him the heart attack, stress is one of the biggest killers yes i know we will never really know, recently a friend of mine her father whom is very disabled and smoked decided to give it up, however when he went to the hospital on one of his many visits the doctors told him that after all this time it would be of no great benefit to him and advised him to smoke if he wished, so now he is smoking again so figure that one out, I always say each to their own its there life and we have choice's so just let them be, anyway i believe that it doesn;t matter what you do the day you die is set from the day you are born and nothing will change it imo. if selling a m/h and people asked then i wold tell them that we smoked, but there are even worse smells lurking out there:ROFLMAO:

ruth

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Maybe people think its clever to kid others over a sale of a van that has been smoked in. Lets hope they don't find out and under the trades description act ask for their money back.
Some sellers like to state in their advert 'never been smoked in'.....'pet free'.....'no kids' etc etc. If you purchase a vehicle that has been advertised as such (mine wasn't), and then discover a dog hair or suspect you can 'smell smoke', you may have a case against the seller though the burden of proof would be on the buyer and i think you would find it highly unlikely you would succeed in any legal battle.

If, on the other hand, you bought a vehicle which had been totally mis-represented in its mechanical condition or history, then you would possibly have a very strong case against the seller.

Even if i didn't smoke, it would never deter me from buying a vehicle owned by someone who had smoked in it. Vehicle history and mechanical condition is at the top of my list of priorities.........odours are at the very bottom.

People swig beer in their vans and then sit farting all over the seats. To me there is nothing worse than the stench of stale alcohol, but it's nothing a bit of cleaner and elbow grease can't sort out.

The bottom line being, as a buyer you are free to walk away if what you see is not what you like.......otherwise, what the hell are you buying it for in the first place? To use? Or just sit there sniffing the inside of the damn thing?

finby

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
Well said bullitguy. Could'nt have put it better myself!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Not me, don't smoke.

Happy Days from Lesley from Ilfracombe :Smile: :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

shifter

Free Member
Jan 18, 2009
wee island across pond NI
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
3 years
i believe that smoking and alcohol are the two hardest drugs to give up
as they are so easily available over the counter on any day of the week no question unless you are or look under 18
mind you it did take a long time to be addicted to smoking
evan harder to stop smoking when i was 40 .
not a day goes by without a thought of rolling the perfect cigarette:restmycase:
drinking i can take or leave but i dont like being drunk:thumb:

SUCK THEM INTO YA,YOU COULD BE DEAD IN THE MORNING SMOKER OR NOT.
LIVE FOR TODAY TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME:yeah:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Well said bullitguy. Could'nt have put it better myself!
Here's a right stunner for all you 'anti smoke, pet free, kids free, fart free, non-smoky home' folk.

It pees me off no end when people stick this crap in adverts on eBay but i suppose it appeals to the potty lot who have a peculiar fetish for sniffing objects.

So when i recently advertised a second hand bar-b-que on eBay i was somewhat confused when i got the following feedback comment from the buyer....."quick delivery, but item smells very smoky."

Wot the f#*k is going on in these peoples minds????? :Wacko: :Wacko:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back