Who Said Avtex Support Is Any Good??? (1 Viewer)

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Well, whomever they were, they were right on the money based on my recent experience!

We have a L185DRS TV purchased circa 2 to 3 years ago, with which we use the inbuilt FTA satellite receiver. The problem we had was having tuned the Satellite channels, when the TV was then placed in standby or powered off, it would then lose the audio whilst retaining the picture when subsequently turned back on. Most annoying, as I then had to retune the channels again to restore audio. There was also an intermittent low audio "hum" from the TV.

Called Avtex, despite my lack of receipt/proof of purchase, they picked up the TV by courier on the Monday, tested it, replaced the main board, and then tested it some more. Received the TV back by courier on the Thursday and it seems to be all fixed now. This was undertaken without any contest and FOC to me (despite lack of receipt, although I probably had registered it via interweb).

This level of customer service has made me very happy, thank you Avtex! (y):)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its not rocket science for a relatively small company to be able to know the age of their products by serial number. well done avtex though, they could teach some big companies a lot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
If they were that good, and they should be for the price, they would not go wrong.
But when they do go wrong , nothings perfect, they are excellent having sent mine back for a minor problem which I spoke to them about they insisted on having it back for repair

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
When I had a problem they were most helpful with advice over the phone then suggested I return the set which was years old.The main board needed replacement and they suggested it would be better to purchase a new set and returned the old F.O.C.I bought a new one.

OP
OP
RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
That's two.

I know Chrisboyo had a problem with his. And there are others in here.
Sometimes sh1te is gonna happen, when it does, it's good to think the vendor/manufacturer will assist rather than playing games or leading you on the merry dances some do just to avoid admitting there is a product issue. I just thought the support service Avtex provide deserved recognition, I have no knowledge on relative failure rates for their products.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I had great service from them too last month. Was very pleased with how quick their service is.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
That's two.

2 or maybe 3 out of 20,000+ members, not bad
RR go wrong but recognized as top quality, important thing from my point of view if something does go wrong it's sorted quickly and that's exactly what happened in my case and for that service am prepared to pay a little bit more(y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Our Snipe sat dish went wrong they rlaced it by return & paid carraige both ways.
Dont think i would spend what they charge fof a TV.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That's two.

Mine has gone wrong twice.

I think I will buy a new one but it won't be an Avtex.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Sorry to say i didn't get good service :(. Our TV just wouldn't come on at all and it was only just over 2 years old and hadn't been used much. They said that i would have to pay postage costs both ways and no guarantees. Decided to replace it with a cheapy supermarket one which has been great. Also the avtex tv was really heavy snd bulky.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Few products divide opinion so much as Avtex.. ..

Avtex have a loyal following but equally those who say they are overpriced.. I have always been in the 'overpriced ' camp.. but to be fair, have never actually viewed an Avtex..

Compared to the same size 19" Finlux at £125 , the Avtex is expensive.. in fact £215 more.. but Avtex has both Freeview and Freesat HD tuners built in.. The Finlux is HD ready, but only has a SD Freeview tuner.. no Satellite tuner.. both have multi regional DVD players and USB recording.

I bought the 19" Finlux and recommend it.. power use is only 20watts .. no idea what Avtex is, they don't say on the specs.. anyone know?
I use it with a Maxview HD Satellite tuner and Alden auto dish.. so the Avtex built in HD sat receiver would be no benefit.

Finlux supply direct with free next day delivery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back