Who makes the habitation doors for Frankia? (1 Viewer)

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi,

My habitation door inside handle cover has just broken into two pieces. (Hopefully, there's a photo of it above/below/attached.)

It's a small plastic decor trim part which would cost two hundred guineas through the agent so looking for the identity of the hab door maker for Frankia. I could try going direct to the maker first. Any clues anyone?

Attachments

• IMAG0121.jpg
    IMAG0121.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 82

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Am I right in assuming this is just a decorative cover and doesn't need to move? If so I'd carefully trim the edges if necessary and stick it together with some good glue, with some support strips behind the cracked parts (trimmed old credit cards work well), one solidly stuck then fill any gaps, sand and spray black ... a lot cheaper!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Thanks MinxyGirl, that's exactly what I've done, using some German double side tape. It's been a good fix but I'd like to replace the part if possible.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I tried to deal directly with Frankia but they won't play ball. They'll refer you back to the UK dealer.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi @Hagstrom
This is a German manufacturer,but if you follow this link,sorry google search it will bring you to the U.K. agent who should be able to get you the part.
Happich UK.
Hope that helps.
Steve.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Hi,

My habitation door inside handle cover has just broken into two pieces. (Hopefully, there's a photo of it above/below/attached.)

It's a small plastic decor trim part which would cost two hundred guineas through the agent so looking for the identity of the hab door maker for Frankia. I could try going direct to the maker first. Any clues anyone?
Thank you so much for posting this thread. Would you believe that exactly the same part is on the driver's door of my Hymer! Thanks also to the chap who gave the heads up of where to source a replacement

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back