ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi on our last night at Le Touquet in France went to put the slide out and only the front started to move so pulled it back in and tried again but same thing happened.

On getting out to try to discover what had happened I noticed a pool of oil under the RV, I then thought i would leave it till we got home.

Today I removed the gas tank and found a burst hydraulic pipe, this had been rubbed through by a sort of ram/bar that comes out of this ram/reservoir bolted to the front side wall of the gas locker, It is about 2' long and 2" diameter and has a 1/2" bar that obviously moves in and out of it. This bar does not seem to activate any thing and has rubbed through one of the hydraulic pipes coiled up in front of it!!

6pt9ch.jpg

5x1k78.jpg

2ez5x05.jpg

xnafia.jpg

The hose has burst about a foot from one end and as it was too long anyway and had to be coiled up I am hoping to be able to just get an end fitted after cutting off this foot! The only reason the pipe has failed is because of this rubbing, I will then secure these pipes away from the ram/reservoir against the front side wall of the gas locker, hopefully that will be the cure!!

Anyone know what this thing does please?

I have posted this on the RVOC Forum

Regards Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back