Who is going to be the first to fit one of these to their Motorhome? (1 Viewer)

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I think it's great but ... who will be the first to sue them because there was some dirt on the TV screen and the driver behind didn't see the oncoming vehicle because it was obscured by the dirt ??!!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I think it's great but ... who will be the first to sue them because there was some dirt on the TV screen and the driver behind didn't see the oncoming vehicle because it was obscured by the dirt ??!!

It doesnt matter does it, whatever they do whatever you put, someone on here will find a negative.

I want one....................................................................fitted to every tugger and horsebox by the end of the week.

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
Nah just fit a supercharger

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I already have one. Problem is it plays footage from a different road to the one I'm travelling on;)

Too late, I've already got it :getmecoat:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
It doesnt matter does it, whatever they do, whatever you put, someone on here will find a negative.

I so agree Mr Jonegood.

If I posted I had just won £90 million on the Euro Lottery and was keeping £1 million for myself, and then splitting the rest amongst the Funsters to help them buy new vans, at least one of them would have a moan...

"I should get more than old-mo because he already has a new van..."

"How come you get £1 million and we get so much less?"

"I don't think Terry needs the same as everyone else as he will just build himself a new van, saving loads, and then pocket the difference."

"Grrrrrr...

Now I will have to redo all the tax calculations I made for next April."

JJ :cool:

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Too right. If I remember rightly what Jim said about subscriber numbers, that would barely cover a half-decent PVC each. You'll be expecting members to dip into their own pockets next to make up the shortfall. It's really not good enough JJ.

Please ensure you win at least £250 million & we'll promise to say "Thank you".

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
That's right, 1077 pages of members with 20 to a page in the members section, that's around 21500 members, divide that into 89 million, gives us around £4K each. That's just not good enough, what are people expected to buy for a paltry £4k

Reactions: JJ
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Ah - but I said subscribers, not members. Divide by at least 10. Still don't get much in the way of a new PVC for £40k.

Reactions: JJ

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
On paper this looks like a good idea but it's just marketing BS. Way too many real world issues make this unrealistic

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It will only benefit Audi drivers, BMW drivers and sales men.
Everyone else waits for SAFE overtaking opportunities!:)
upload_2015-8-17_15-46-18.jpeg

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
It is one of my pet hates, you see someone hugging your tail when you have been slowed by traffic. Next thing you know they have come screaming past only to discover there is nowhere to go. A lot of horn blaring and hand signalling will then come from the offending driver, because I am obviously at fault that there is traffic in front of me. Why the hell do these people think we are slowing down! Just because you can't see past us doesn't mean there's nothing in front of us!

End of rant! :D

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It is one of my pet hates, you see someone hugging your tail when you have been slowed by traffic. Next thing you know they have come screaming past only to discover there is nowhere to go. A lot of horn blaring and hand signalling will then come from the offending driver, because I am obviously at fault that there is traffic in front of me. Why the hell do these people think we are slowing down! Just because you can't see past us doesn't mean there's nothing in front of us!

End of rant! :D
Reminds me of a story, some years ago coming back from Dover across country. I was towing a caravan at the time and stuck behind a French car who was obviously reading the speed limit signs as KMP instead of MPH, car behind me kept honking his horn & finally overtook in a none to safe place only to get stuck behind the French car. I had the last laugh knowing the road well when it was safe to do so I overtook both of them, never heard him honk his horn again.:)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Reminds me of a story, some years ago coming back from Dover across country. I was towing a caravan at the time and stuck behind a French car who was obviously reading the speed limit signs as KMP instead of MPH, car behind me kept honking his horn & finally overtook in a none to safe place only to get stuck behind the French car. I had the last laugh knowing the road well when it was safe to do so I overtook both of them, never heard him honk his horn again.:)

Very much the same happened to us too, headlight flashing as you say etc, totally unsafe overtake to find me following three tractors all with trailers and no where to go with oncoming traffic as well, I braked and let him in in front of us because I am a helpful considerate driver. :whistle:
What I really wanted to do was leave the impatient bar steward hung out to dry? :mad: :LOL:

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
after far too many years dragging artics around UK and France I have come to the following conclusion...............

you simply cannot educate pork ...... hang 'em out to dry .... if they survive they may learn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back