Who is crafting their Christmas Decs??? (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have decided not to buy any decorations for the van this year, to use any plastic if I don't already own it, or generally contribute to the crap we throw away sometime in January.

I intend to create my own from whatever I can forage, find or skip rat. The idea behind this, is that I have nowhere to store Christmas decs in the van, so will have to throw them away after the festive season.

So, show us your home made decs and give me some ideas, please?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Collect fir cones, holly, greenery from woods/garden/ friends. Leave natural or paint.
Upcycle decorations sold in charity shops.
Use lots of candles, tea lights, fairy lights.
Felting is an easy way to make decorations.

For the last couple of years my grandchildren have been told they don’t get new plastic as presents, only pre-loved. They’re perfectly ok with this.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Have you got a Pom Pom maker ?

504B53C9-E960-4ED6-9E62-D6AF09AF74E3.png

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have decided not to buy any decorations for the van this year, to use any plastic if I don't already own it, or generally contribute to the crap we throw away sometime in January.

I intend to create my own from whatever I can forage, find or skip rat. The idea behind this, is that I have nowhere to store Christmas decs in the van, so will have to throw them away after the festive season.

What are these “Christmas decorations” of which you speak? :whistle2:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
What are these “Christmas decorations” of which you speak? :whistle2:
All I am saying is that anyone in Moreton in the marsh over Christmas had better like humbug........

seriously - any funsters there between 19th and 29th are most welcome to partake of the legendary Dux hospitality. Look out for the Le Voyageur.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Two made in the Dylan Thomas Centre in Swansea with Dawn Mousy
33D395F2-5362-4E33-9B77-ABD9D35F32E7.jpeg

2B03CF6E-62D3-4015-A1CB-552492D5F825.jpeg

And one made at Chez Mousy with the help of Dawn Mousy.
C5C9AD72-C0B5-42F8-9A58-84952AA61C5D.jpeg

Believe me I have ZERO ability, so if I can do it - anyone can! (You just need a Dawn Mousy standing over you and almost doing it all - but making you think it’s all your own efforts ....) :rofl:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that

we did this two years ago at totana don't you remember our silver twigs and pom poms

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
scavenge for loads of fir cones and holly. string a garland of them using string. Then when the new year rolls in put them under a bush as a bug hotel

we make up a wreath each year for the front door and put it on a family grave at new year/

This year we are putting a christmas tree in a different spot than previously. The problem is that it needs to be moved a few times over the festive period. I am going to make up a round flatbed trolley, like a big round skateboard so it will just glide over the carpet

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
You could adapt the following idea to any wood that you can scrounge.....you could also make flat so that it's not in the way since space is at a premium.
You could use costume jewellery from a charity shop to decorate it.......

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Sandra there are lots of interesting dried plants around and about. There are some spiky ones which would look great sprayed. Ray (Ray and Sue from the apartment at La Azohia) got one of these and sprayed it.

IMG_20181205_111559.jpg

not the palm trees ? but the dried falling down tree flower in the left of the terrace. Bit big for inside a motorhome but OK outside. There are some similar shaped smaller plants (I think the dried fennel?) Which would make a small one. You've got me thinking now ?.

you can also slice and dry oranges and lemons and make garlands with them. I made a mobile with them and pine cones and pine sprigs a few years ago.

I'll think about more, but the pompom wreaths are lovely. Mines better than yours ?

IMG_20171211_153506.jpg

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sandra there are lots of interesting dried plants around and about. There are some spiky ones which would look great sprayed. Ray (Ray and Sue from the apartment at La Azohia) got one of these and sprayed it.

View attachment 348352
not the palm trees ? but the dried falling down tree flower in the left of the terrace. Bit big for inside a motorhome but OK outside. There are some similar shaped smaller plants (I think the dried fennel?) Which would make a small one. You've got me thinking now ?.

you can also slice and dry oranges and lemons and make garlands with them. I made a mobile with them and pine cones and pine sprigs a few years ago.

I'll think about more, but the pompom wreaths are lovely. Mines better than yours ?

View attachment 348353
?????? I had forgotten about that. Jenbens much anticipated arrival with pom pom gifts. I did turn mine into this in the end.
20171222_174412.jpg

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
She needs to start early if she is going to collect enough corks for this.

View attachment 348319
If only I didn't have a cork-aholic dog! She would think that was her Christmas present.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back