Who has a motorhome like this? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Who lives in a camper like this.JPG

Keel beach, Achill Island, Eire. The top box appears to be a sleeping compartment reached via an outside ladder. It has UK mainland registration plates and has been parked overnight where there is a notice that states "No Caravans, No Camping". Plenty of other (unrestricted) places to park up so rather naughty........

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thats a roof tent . looks like a maggiolina version. .https://www.boab.biz/ah_tech-maggiolina.htm
we used a brownchurch version for years on my old vw or mazda bongo.
still have the tent and roofrack.
mind i still have the teardrop as well.
only had the teardrop 30 yrs and it was old when i got it .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• img026.jpg
    img026.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Bongo tripsept 09 015.jpg
    Bongo tripsept 09 015.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
........ It has UK mainland registration plates and has been parked overnight where there is a notice that states "No Caravans, No Camping"........

Reminds me of last Monday when I arrived at Seaview, Berwick after following my parents there in their caravan. We were over an hour early, so dropped down to a small, but free car park overlooking the beach and exercised the dogs. After an hour, we left and drove up to the site, but as we were leaving the car park, a big old Kontiki was heading in.

The following morning I was back down the beach with the dog at the crack of dawn and the Kontiki was still parked up in the car park, a few bays along from the "No Overnight Camping" sign. They'll no doubt be the first to complain when the height barriers go in and ruin it for the rest of us !

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
thats a roof tent . looks like a maggiolina version. .https://www.boab.biz/ah_tech-maggiolina.htm

That's the one. They appear to have left after lunch. Yesterday evening they had a camp/cooking fire under the sign that said "no fires, no cooking". It says that as the machair is vulnerable - not because of petty rule making..... grrrrr

We have had no problems finding places to overnight, either for free or very little money. When we do intend to wild I look to see if there is a tourist information office or a community office (most places seem to have one here, staffed by volunteers from the community) and then ask where we can park up without giving offense or breaking any laws / rules. Without exception we have received a warm welcome and friendly advise and been able to park up in a safe and discrete place - often with stunning views. We do make sure we spend money locally in the shops, pub, restaurant or cafe. Yesterday we went to a seafood restaurant (superb) and tonight the pub has live traditional music. Not wilding last night or today but at 16 euros a night it's not a rip off.

Two nights ago we were wilding and had a knock on the door around 5 pm. The man from the tourist office just checking we were okay! there were height barriers but they were open. When I checked I was told that they were only shut when there was information about undesirables in the area.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The following morning I was back down the beach with the dog at the crack of dawn and the Kontiki was still parked up in the car park, a few bays along from the "No Overnight Camping" sign. They'll no doubt be the first to complain when the height barriers go in and ruin it for the rest of us !

I'm sure you are correct. It isn't as if there aren't lots of places in the area to park up discretely if you look.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back