LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I spend too much time on here.

I dip in whilst I am at work for a break from the tedium.

I find it interesting and informative but I still don't understand electrical circuits, inverters, engines, solar panels, generators or in fact most things you should have a clue about if you own a motor home.:Doh:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
what about those who are out there 'doing it' and still waste time on here ? Can't understand that ..

When I was travelling I never came on fun or any other forum .. far too busy 'doing it' to bother with forums.. never had an internet dongle nor any need of one.. mail was checked once in a while on free wifi ..

Nowadays , yes I spend a lot of time on here between cooking and doing house work ..

Come come now Jim your surely not suggesting that those on 6 month tours should be on safari 24/7 are you. I don't consider any of my tours as a holiday,its more a way of life,and as such I carry on doing much the same as I would at home only in a different place. If I was on a few weeks holiday then of course I wouldn't bother with Internet connection or motorhome fun but when away for extended periods of time,as I am at the moment I don't see it as any different than watching TV of an evening or reading a book. Anyway, there are some funsters that enjoy reading of others adventures as they happen, not all posted on there return to the UK.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Come come now Jim your surely not suggesting that those on 6 month tours should be on safari 24/7 are you. I don't consider any of my tours as a holiday,its more a way of life,and as such I carry on doing much the same as I would at home only in a different place. If I was on a few weeks holiday then of course I wouldn't bother with Internet connection or motorhome fun but when away for extended periods of time,as I am at the moment I don't see it as any different than watching TV of an evening or reading a book. Anyway, there are some funsters that enjoy reading of others adventures as they happen, not all posted on there return to the UK.

thats true, being one of "still at work and probilbly will till I drop" funsters it is both interesting and entertaining to read the more or less live experainces of people doing what I would like to be doing, but due to comitment cant.
:thumb:
However when Im away on hollidy I wont even think of loging on, I think Ive only once taken the lappy away and that was when I had lots of stuff on ebay

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I pop in about mid-day to get out of the Sun for a bit and to open a cold beer to cool down, sometimes put the air con on as well !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Hi Dave.. JJ asked ..
Who else, apart from me, spends too long on the Motorhome Fun website instead of getting out there and conquering the world?

When we were travelling it was also a way of life and I had no real inclination or much time to be bothered with forums, going '0n line' or even watching TV.. doesn't make it right or wrong.. we are all different.. but it's like going on holiday and spending all your time in a bar .. you can do that at home... but an occasional visit is quite normal..

No, we didn't go 'on safari' every day.. far from it but there were so many other things to do that were more interesting than debating the latest Mail story or arguing about A frames in Spain (just two examples)

I've never been a blogger or written much about our travels .. just too damn lazy I guess and besides, I never felt it would be very interesting to others .. All too often I read blogs and fall asleep by the end of the first page.. perhaps I'll regret not doing so.. I did try but got bored with it .. so figured it would bore others.

I do enjoy reading your thread about Morocco.. it brings it all back and wish we were there again.. it's one of the first I read each day.. it makes a refreshing change from the predictable Mail threads... so keep it up .. safe travels

jim .. (bored at home)

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I did have to have a word with myself agfter spending far too much time on here, no I have bought another business that needs a boot up the rear, my time on here has been a little less over the past couple of months!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back