Who can get me through my MOT?? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
juliandavies

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Hi mate,thats not a bad failure,stick with them,instead of looking round for another.
The bad lights sound like earthing problems do as suggested,if changing the flexi brake hose, do all, as they are pretty cheap (under a tenner) and the system will only need bleeding the once,so saving money and dodgy brakes,loose flexi,clip back in or cable tie.

Emmisions......diesel or petrol ? first new air filter and clean housing out,secondly if deisel maybe check or renew fuel filter,and add a fuel additive for combating high emmisions ? dont go to a dealer,go to a corner shop/factors.....and not Halfords,expensive.
As suggested,beast it,on the way to the MOT station,get it hot,go down the motorway or dual and blast the cobwebs out ! then as quick as you can,without parking up for ages,straight into MOT,usually they will give you a time to take it in,if it still fails on emmisions,let them tweak it,if they do...
To be honest,you have to spend a little money on upkeep of your home or pride and joy,if done regulary,then it will last and go through many MOT's,when you have time ,paint all underneath with metal paint (cheap if its industrial for factories)better i reckon than that glop,called underseal.
Fog light if working (on wrong side) buy for around a fiver,bolt on otherside to an earth/body,run wires back to otherside original/connect...take out original bulb.

sadly they dont do repairs
It is petrol (7.4 V8). Had sparks, oil filter, air filter changed at start of 2009 (4000 miles since then)
see new post for the quote I've got||!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Good Luck Mate.....

I'm still trying to find someone local that'll re-mot mine......

Waiting on parts from the usa and must get the dizzy timed this weekend....

Grr.... getting no comeback on email I sent the supplier for wiring diagram...:Doh:

Mine is a carb (4-barrel) and I have now got a complete calibration kit.

Really worked hard on it the past months welding and fitting new parts and she's still not on the road.

Garage who said they would fit the tyres let me down badly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back