Who are they motorhomedepotcom? (1 Viewer)

Sundowner ll

Free Member
Aug 29, 2020
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm soon to buy my first MH though, still not 100% as to make model, even more so now after receiving welcome advice on here. Looking on ebay & autotrader I see a lot of the posts have the motorhomedepotcom acting as "Brokers/Agents" Why do you need a broker? (Sounds like an extra cost to me.) What is their involvement with these sales? is it better to use them? Anyone had dealings with them?
I've mainly been looking on ebay and auto-trader, is there somewhere else I should be looking? Hope these questions aren't too silly or too repetitive.
Thanks again in advance for any advice.
Jack Beauregard,

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
They have been around for years. I think they are basically brokers. Not researched them but seen them eBay for years so can't be that bad.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Got mine from motorhome depot. Had a great experience and better service than I was getting from dealers.

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Basically Mr Nobody, you need to be careful, very careful.....
Do you trust estate agents?
In my view only, Motorhome depot are no more than an estate agency selling motorhomes for a commission fee.
Whereas an estate agent may well live in a bricks and mortar establishment and have good knowledge, if not experience of the pitfalls of owning a property, I doubt many of them brokering and advertising motorhomes for sale, actually own one, or have ever used one.
Only my opinion though.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
They have been around for years. I think they are basically brokers. Not researched them but seen them eBay for years so can't be that bad.
other than the fact each area is treated as an independent concern and head office not interested in the VERY dodgy actions of some salesmen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
They are Based in Mansfield
As am I
I have purchased through them they act as intermediaries introducing seller to buyer
and handle the deal for the seller
They offer no guarantee or warranty on any of there sales its just like buying private
they do take a chunk from the seller, you can make offers below their asking price
you can view MoHo prior to purchase you are not allowed to negotiate with the seller direct
any attempt to cut them out will cost the seller dearly, he has signed a legal contract with them
I paid a holding deposit a week before and paid balance in full on the day of viewing and drove it home
after having paid due diligence as to the buyers right to sell via HPI
And double checking all the numbers and documents matched.
A happy experience BUT
If your not savvy buying and inspecting a vehicle or MoHo use a dealer and get warranties. or take someone who is
you can get hab checks and AA reports up front if you pay for them,
Holding deposits are there to hold vehicle for you and are FULLY REFUNDABLE if the Mo Ho is not as described
I noted all the bad reviews come from people who made silly mistakes and did not understand what or how the system works
I bought 4 k under lowest dealer price
and got a 2 year newer MoHo for that lower price too
and 5k worth of extras included.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Do you trust estate agents?

As someone who invests in property repeatedly, NO I don’t.

And I’d rather trust a cornered rattlesnake than a franchise selling system that takes no responsibility for franchisees than the need no more experience than the fee to sign up.

Just look at Richard Woods (Director) history and tell me you think you’d trust him

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I can confirm that all financial dealings were with Head Office, Bank transfers and al deposits go to them the salesman does not see or touch the monies
Most of the disbelievers have no personal knowledge of them
and as i said earlier its the sellers who dont know what there doing that causes problems.

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
As someone who invests in property repeatedly, NO I don’t.

And I’d rather trust a cornered rattlesnake than a franchise selling system that takes no responsibility for franchisees than the need no more experience than the fee to sign up.

Just look at Richard Woods (Director) history and tell me you think you’d trust him

I was not supporting them at all.
I know a few estate agents, and have had dealings with a few, and would not trust them with my grandkids piggybanks.

Upvote 0

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
BTW Sundowner 2’s avatar is Henry Fonda, In the film My name is Nobody, it’s not an insult

Upvote 0

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
DAF LF Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
They are showing as dissolved...

Screenshot_20201206-155809_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's actually Leisure Vehicle Franchising Ltd.

Upvote 0

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I recently sold my motorhome through them,

YES it did cost me ÂŁ3k but they did all the advertising, weeding out wannabes , doing the veiwing & handover durning covid Etc

in the end it sold within a few weeks, I got my money I wanted, I didnt have to take sh$te from tyre kickers and I was pleased with the outcome.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back