LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I would give it a miss myself.

Very overrated and full of yuppies at the weekends.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Whitstable is One of the most overrated places in the UK. Get yer self dahhn ta Margit.
You can keep yer Costa Brava an all of that palava, gimme a day Dahn margit wiv all me family.
Chas Hodges rip.
Phil

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we met Bob Geldoff in a Whitstable café a few years back

theres another good reason never to return :)(y)

plus I was born in Margate, not really been back to Kent since escaping in the 60's, apart from the cringeworthy journey through the county to Folkestone (y) the only reason I can really think of to return

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Whitstable is One of the most overrated places in the UK. Get yer self dahhn ta Margit.
You can keep yer Costa Brava an all of that palava, gimme a day Dahn margit wiv all me family.
Chas Hodges rip.
Phil
jolly.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007

plus I was born in Margate, not really been back to Kent since escaping in the 60's, apart from the cringeworthy journey through the county to Folkestone (y) the only reason I can really think of to return
Until recently quite a few family members lived in Margit, Westgate to be exact, still an attractive place. Recently they sold up and moved so no reason to go back.
Margate has tried to regenerate itself but to many its the same old “Margit”
Phil

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Now then David. No need to be rude about the county we live in. Lots of beautiful countryside and coast. Mind you Margate has always been as rough as a badgers a**e, but then I blame the people born there ....................... :D2

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Now then David. No need to be rude about the county we live in. Lots of beautiful countryside and coast. Mind you Margate has always been as rough as a badgers a**e, but then I blame the people born there ....................... :D2

There is a quote relating ‘men of Kent’ and ‘Kentish men’ that I can never recall correctly

Something to do with where in the county you are born

Not sure if I can wholly blame Margate for my bad attitude but it’s a start :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
There is a quote relating ‘men of Kent’ and ‘Kentish men’ that I can never recall correctly

It's which side of the River Medway you are born on. Don't know which is which cos I was not born in Kent. (y)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
To be fair Margate is no different from a lot of other sea side resorts. They tend to suffer from higher unemployment, social services use the cheaper bed and breakfast places as dumping grounds, also often poor transport links and it all leads to various problems.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013

It's which side of the River Medway you are born on. Don't know which is which cos I was not born in Kent. (y)

I believe that 'kentish man' is west of the river Medway & 'man of Kent' is east of it. Well it was when I was a lad living in the garden of England

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back