Whitley bay

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Terry, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Terry

Terry Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +6,991
    Hi does anyone wish to recommend/ share(pm) a site close to W/B / tynemouth ?
    We were planning to stop 3 /4 days at Old Hartley next week but they are shut for repairs.
    thanks terry

2. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +113
    Hi Terry

Best I can do is the 'Grange' Caravan Club Site at County Durham or 'Harperley Prisoner of War Camp', also at County Durham DL15 8DX

Dick

3. keith

keith Funster

Ratings:
    +1,876
    My database shows this site just outside Newbiggin, but I have not been there & if you go please let me know if it's OK.

Wansbeck Riverside Park
    Ashington
    Northumberland
    Ashington
    NE63 8TX
    01670 812323
    £11 Open all year

Keith

4. RichardnGill

RichardnGill Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +1
    Terry you might be better off stopping in South Shields, there is a reasonale site there. I know its the wrong side of the river but if you do really need to be in Tyne Mouth it only through the tunnel.

Richard...

5. Terry

Terry Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +6,991
    Hi thanks for the reply's, we would like to stay north of the tunnel :thumb:if possible but cannot find even C/L's:whatthe: If not we will have to go to plan B and go to Brid/Beverly area again :ROFLMAO: Wife & I spent a lot of time up Whitley bay some 25 plus years ago :thumb::bigsmile:id not see much of the sea in them days :ROFLMAO: and the Avenue bar had shut down (wherewe used to meet friends)when we were there for a couple of days about august / september last year when we stayed on the old hartley site :thumb::Cool: just fancied trying to find some people we knew.
    terry