Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have made a discovery that I didn't know about with my Hymer. I bought it last year and I rather liked the off white beigey colour it was, I would liked to have had a silver/goldy one but that was not available.
A week and a half ago I went to hospital to have a cataract done in my left eye, as it was becoming a bit too fuzzy for the glasses to correct any more. A couple of days later when the fuzziness had settled down I went out and looked at the Van and found IT WAS BRILLIANT WHITE, like a fridge!!!!, I had not noticed how yellow things had become with my sight as I always had brilliant colour perception. It kind of sneaks up on you over the years, The sky is bright blue the clouds stark greys and whites. even the bathroom tile look clean again. Nice to be back to earlier days now I do not need the glasses that became necessary for a year or so for that eye whilst the cataract developed.
It was not a pleasant operation but it was done in under 15 minutes and I am so happy to see properly again. Anyone out there that needs it done would be well advised to go ahead ASAP whilst they are still doing it on theNHS.

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Had a similar experience with cataract removal. Went back to hospital for appointment and was asked if I was happy with the result. Said "Yes" was really pleased but thought my carpets were a dark red and actually they now appear to have changed to a slightly purple colour!!!! REally worth having done and the cataracts do put a yellowish shade on everything.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
How interesting. My Mum never mentioned the colour change.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Is that why your avatar looks yellow?
It should be coloured now shouldn't it? :LOL::LOL:

Richard.
No, it is meant to be sepia, you know like, before black and white, It is pretty ancient that photo.

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
Had my left eye done 3 month ago. Having a few issues with floaters which may need to be resolved. But I now see things white in my left eye and yellow in my right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back