Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Hi we're thinking of going over to Whitby for the Halloween weekend but everywhere is booked up as we've left it too late ..is there anywhere that we will be able to wild camp close to centre within easy walking distance ,I've only been on a day trip before so not really sure of parking etc has anyone had experience of parking up in the town?
Thanks

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Don't even think of trying camping in car parks because it is banned and you are likely to be given a ticket.

Following the recent decision on on-street parking by NYCC only four roads in Whitby and one in Sandsend have an overnight ban. The A174 Sandsend to Raithwaite (which I understand is popular) was not included in the restrictions.

Daytime parking is possible at the Park & Ride (NYCC) and in some car parks (Scarborough Borough). See links Here.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I was there 3 weeks ago and parked at the far end of the huge car park - on the way to the Marina and next to the slip ways.
There was around 8 vans parked up for the night there. It does say no overnighting at the entrance to the main car park, but nothing at the far end. You can back over the beach (?) so as to not stick out beyond the lines.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Last time I was there, there were lots of vans parked in car park behind the coop

Hi
There have been vans parked there most of the summer....too many there early mornings not to have been overnighting. The Halloween weekend is also the Goth weekend and will be mega busy . There is a CC CL in Aislaby just outside Whitby which has bus service to town ....but for wild camping you would have to take your chances in the car park or stay outside of town . There are two parking spots off the A 169 off the Blue Bank outside Sleights where I have often seen vans parked. Great views but it can be very windy .

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Love this thread. Someone asks a question, gets sensible answers.
Compare with the 'North Yorkshire bans motorhomes' thread

OP
OP
Barbara Hughes

Barbara Hughes

Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
,Thankyou peeps for your replies this gives me plenty of scope to find somewhere for a couple of nights just don't want to end up miles away from the centre so will probably take a chance in the car parks if we can get in :)

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
Blue bank car parks on the moors over towards goathland. Good spot with views of the sea and Whitby abbey. Wild amped there twice now with no problems

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back