Whitby gothic weekend help (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
You'll be lucky now. If you've tried the campsites.http://www.broadingsfarm.co.uk/ Is the nearest.

Most places are booked up nearly the full year in advance. You may be lucky getting in a bnb a bit out of town. If you get your finger out.
We've seen the odd stealth van parked up at the side of the road before. Up on the cliffs . But they are usually PVC conversions , or just old vans with a mattress in the back !
Good luck.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Sorry I can't be more so Penny .....
But we've been going for a few years now and , unless you book v.early.
You dont get in. Parking a car in Whitby over goth weekend is bad enough . Let alone a Motorhome.
The usual spots , where you can camp for free, down little roads/tracks without being moved on, are snapped up mid week.
The main carpark at the back of the co-op always has some campers against the train track. But they are there early on in the week to snap those up too.
I just noticed this is your first post.
Welcome to the forum. Hope you get sorted.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Welcome to the forum Penny as Bev says it gets full . We have seen motorhomes parked behind the co-op in the past years but think they have stopped them camping their now . it might be worth a try checking that out incase they still allow . good luck hope you find somewhere the atmosphere is fantastic x Kate

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Whitby has a park and ride now so you maybe able to find somewhere further away and then use the park and ride.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you simply wish to park you may be lucky enough to get a place on street or in one of the car parks suitable for motorhomes if you arrive early enough. There is no overnight camping in any Whitby car park owned by Scarborough Borough Council and there are also overnight restrictions on certain roads. See the North Yorkshire County Council and Scarborough Borough Council links on this page.
The car park immediately behind the Coop is owned by the Coop. It is possible for motorhomes to park there (there was one there when we were in Whitby a few weeks ago) but it is for customers only and (I think) still patrolled with barrier entry/exit so not for long stay parking.
The park & ride ceases operation for this year on 30 October (i.e. before the goth weekend).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back