Whitby Goth Meet November 1st to 3rd (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We have finally arrived home. 8.5 hours as opposed to the 6 hours it took to get there.

The £160 on fuel was worth every penny. We had a lovely weekend. Robert had a fabulous time and is thrilled with his new outfits and especially his snazzy boots.

For anyone with disabilities going to this meet in the future, take an 8mph scooter. my 4mph would not have done some of the hills.

Thanks to Val and Bob and to all of the funsters that made our weekend so enjoyable. Thanks to Bevs brilliant directions Robert found all the shops he wanted to visit and thanks to everyone who took photographs we look forward to seeing them.

Robert wants to go to the one next November too so please put us down on the list. We hope its during half term again and will travel up a few days earlier and split the journey.

Thank you so much xxxxx

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
Many thanks to bob and val for another great weekend,we love it,but the drive home was a real pain,never seen so much traffic ,stop start for miles and slow moving traffic for over 110 miles until we got of the a1. But none the less a great weekend not to be missed.:thumb:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp

Thanks Peter and Elaine for your kind words, she had keyhole surgery to remove appendix about to burst, operation went well and she came home yesterday,

Down side was, some bas**ard nicked her coat whilst she was in theatre having the op and then being transferred to a different ward,

It takes all types . . . . enough to start a new thread on the honesty/morals of people, but i don't have the time at the moment !,

Thanks to everyone,

Hope that the Goth Weekend is going well and that the weather is a bit better than up here on Loch Lomondside, its been absolutely dreadful, black as night most of the day, with the accompanying torrential rain, winds and cold . . . and there are still tourists wandering about !!!!!!,[/SIZE
]

:thumb: :drink::drink:

Coats are easy replaced but may the theiving basterd that robbed it rot in hell

Any way great news you're wife is home and recovery road
Now lets start planning your next goth weekend for next year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
Great weekend, as usual, big thanks to Val and Bob for all the effort they put into it and to all the Funsters for their company! We'll be there again next year, hopefully!

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
We can only reitterate whats already been said about this great meet, and yes I will kill him, so Pete be afraid be very afraid.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks again Val & Rob and everyone else for making this a great and friendly meet. Hopefully see you all next time.

Sheila & Mick

Fatman

Read Only Funster
Oct 31, 2013
Salford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I was looking out for some of you in the town but did not see any of you so was it that you where frightened of seeing me

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
There were a lot of fat blokes and women in Whitby over the weekend :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

me included

Last edited:

littlehouse

Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
whitby goths

a great big thankyou to Bob and Val for arranging yet another great weekend.
Chloe thought you were all quite mad but lovely. it was lovely to see everyone again and to see your wonderful outfits well done.:thumb::thumb:
see you at the next one

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Thank-you

A big THANK -YOU to Bob and Val (and all the helpers )for a great week-end.Looking forward to the next one.regards Andy & Shirley.:Smile:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
A massive thankyou to Bob and Val, and everyone else who helped make it a great weekend.:thumb:

Oct 30, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer b508
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.gif

A BIG THANK YOU to Bob & Val for all there hard work and making it a great weekend :thumb:

Dave & Maureen

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
as a;ways, great organisation from Bob and Val, and also many thanks to the others who helped make a great time. Take more than thunder, lightning, hailstones, and heavy rain to put us off. it managed to blow the big fuse on my scooter though, but we only lost about half an hour wrapping some wire round it. Oh, and we missed the photos on the park as well. Bree our Weimaraner was a great hit again, posing for photos all afternoon in her fascinator hat and velvet cape. Sun was a pain driving home though. Great time, and hope to be well enough for the next one....big op next week.

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
as a;ways, great organisation from Bob and Val, and also many thanks to the others who helped make a great time. Take more than thunder, lightning, hailstones, and heavy rain to put us off. it managed to blow the big fuse on my scooter though, but we only lost about half an hour wrapping some wire round it. Oh, and we missed the photos on the park as well. Bree our Weimaraner was a great hit again, posing for photos all afternoon in her fascinator hat and velvet cape. Sun was a pain driving home though. Great time, and hope to be well enough for the next one....big op next week.

Good luck for the big op xxxxxxxxxx was lovely to meet you

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I've told Ralph to get the ones he took on , but Hes just got in from work and having his tea. He might do it later. I havnt a clue :Smile:

Just looked at your pictures Peter. They are great. I never saw Elaine's Saturday night leather outfit. She looks fab:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years

Hope the big op goes well next week, make sure your fit for next April!!

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Thank-You

A big thank-you to all who helped us with our Whitby Goth weekend which we have just had, we could not do it without everyones input getting things ready, especially, Ken & Lynda, Andrea & Jeff, Dave & Manda, Shaun & Nikki, Leanne & Paul, and Mick & Sheila.

And many thanks for Mick & Dave for bringing the 2 barrels of real ale, it went down well!!:drink:

So tired last night and had to visit Bob's mum in hospital as well last night, so have just uploaded a few photo's, not took as many as April, but hopefully Bob & Sue our resident photographer (snapper) could post some or if he took your photo maybe e-mail him and request yours, tell him your names, what you were wearing, colours etc so he can send you a photo, his e-maill address is rmoore2222@aol.com

:thumb::thumb:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
By hook or by crook we'll be the last to post on this book!

Val, Bob Thank you once again for a fab-u-lus meet. You guys really do go the extra mile. So glad Motorhome Fun has brought us all together.

Cheers :beerchug: and thanks :thumb: for everything that you do, you really are two wonderful people that we are proud to call our friends :winky:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well I've spent ages getting 20 odd pictures one by one from the ipad to MHF . Only to find that just a couple have gone into the correct file. Whitby goth. And the rest to members albums. Some on to misterton rally too. God knows how I've done it.
Here's a link I think . And if anyone knows an easy way to transfer them all across to the right file. Please let me know. Better still do it :ROFLMAO: I give up. There must be an easier way of getting pics on here:shout: Link Removed

Anyway at least there on somewhere:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back