Whitby Goth Meet April 26th - 28th (1 Viewer)

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
Hi joy, if you do make it I would be willing to give you one..:winky:(a coffee that is):thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Looking good for you Whitby campers.

Weather forecast on BBC Tees a few minutes ago is that it may be a bit chilly (highs of 10 deg C and down to about 2 deg C overnight) but should be sunny, especially near the coast.

All being well we'll pop down by car tomorrow :Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well, we've been to Goathland on the way, and we are now parked up at Blue bank having a coffee and some cake. Looking down over Whitby.
We shall be here funster flag flying, if anyone wants to pop in for a brew,waiting till we can get on site at 5pm. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
We too have just left goathland ,does anyone know of super market on the way to whitby:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We too have just left goathland ,does anyone know of super market on the way to whitby:thumb:

Lidl, Stakesby Road, YO21 1HS is a short detour on the way to the college or there is the Co-op down by the harbour. Also Sainsburys but that is the other side of the river on the Scarborough road.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well, we've been to Goathland on the way, and we are now parked up at Blue bank having a coffee and some cake. Looking down over Whitby.
We shall be here funster flag flying, if anyone wants to pop in for a brew,waiting till we can get on site at 5pm. ::bigsmile:
And while you were sunning it on Blue Bank, we, along with Suggy and Motorhomelover, were sunning it down in Whitby, to the rear of the CO-OP. :)

Whilst in the queue of traffic at 17.02 hrs, on the A171 Prospect Hill, we observed at least six MHs parked up on the college grounds. What was the specific request? Oh yes, no arrivals before 17.00 hrs? :ROFLMAO:
Who got the best pitch by being here early then? :Doh:

The current weather is mixed, but the wind has dropped a bit. :Smile:

Cheers,

Jock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Well we have had April showers most of the night here, but forcast is
Sat, 27 9°
3°Showers / Clear
precip 61%

Sun, 28
12°
3°Showers
precip 69%

So we are going to have to dodge the showers, looks like after 1pm it will be sunny though

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
Rainy start to the day in Whitby, lets hope it fairs up a bit! :Cool:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Whatever weather we get this afternoon, it surely can't be as bad as last night's rain, hail, sleet, and icy cold wind? :whatthe:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
We had a bit of a late one , last night. Not getting to bed until 2.30pm !
I blame Mark and Tracey (driving) not that we took much persuasion :ROFLMAO: I was very good and stopped drinking , once we left the rest of the funsters. Ralph on the other hand was on rusty nails and god knows what. :RollEyes:
We are just having a BLT, then going to get gothed up , for a trip over to the pavilion. Fingers crossed , we've just had the last of the showers. The skies look like they are brightening up a bit.:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
The Whitby Funster Goths

At an earlier photo shoot on location. :winky:

Jock & Rita.

Attachments

• P1020803.jpg
    P1020803.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 62

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We had a very nice day in Whitby with the Fun ralliers though we did get separated in the town after a while :Smile: Nice to catch up with a few people we haven't seen for a while and to admire the Hilldweller van make-over (must get my fan club application in).

Thank you to Val for making us a tea & coffee when we arrived this morning.

Having seen the costumes maybe we need to dress up next time ::bigsmile: This year we went as a couple of the weirdos dressed up as "Ordinarys" ::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi all,

Rita and I finally got home just before 15.00. We did have a little bit of a scare whilst on the A1 South, inasmuch that there was an awful noise which sounded like either something had dropped onto the roof of the MH, or something had come off. :Eeek: It scared the life out of Rita. Fortunately, my hearing is not as sharp as her "elephant's ears". :roflmto:

Nothing showed up in either of the external mirrors, and no indication from passing motorists was forthcoming. A pull in at the next safest place, saw me on the roof, under the bonnet and chassis, whilst Rita checked the cupboards and wardrobe, etc. Everything is where it should be, and nothing where it shouldn't be...................thank goodness. :Smile:

We can only think that it was a possible "bird strike", or something from the overhead bridge we passed under at the time of the loud noise, but we didn't observe anybody on it.

Anyway, more importantly, Rita and I would like thank everyone who contributed to making the Whitby weekend a smashing one, but a special thanks to our hosts and organisers, Rob & Val, for making it all happen. :thumb:

All the best,

Jock & Rita.

P.S. For those that are going, see you at the "Thetford Bash" or "Stratford". :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Why we go...

Obviously to meet FUNsters. What a crowd.

And this.....

Attachments

• P1050206.jpg
    P1050206.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 50
  • P1050215.jpg
    P1050215.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 46
  • P1050220.jpg
    P1050220.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 45
  • P1050221.jpg
    P1050221.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 39

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
HAD A GREAT WEEKEND WITH THE FUNSTERS AT WHITBY. LOTS OF BEER, GREAT FOOD THE TRIFUL WAS LOVELY, GREAT SINGSONG BUT MOST OF ALL FUN, FUN, FUN. THANKS VAL AND BOB AND ALL THE OTHER FUNSTERS WHO HELPED MAKE IT A GREAT WEEKEND.

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Glad you both got home safe.
We also heard a loud noise from roof of camper, wind lifted the skylight and ripped it off, going to cost us now:Angry:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Thanks Bob and Val for organizing a fab rally. What a laugh , great fun was had by all.
Great to meet up with everyone and meet some new faces too. Cant wait to see some pics uploaded. The kids have seen ours off the camera and all said OMG How embarrassing:ROFLMAO:
My calves are killing me ? I can only put it down to walking up the steps to the Abbey , though they never have been like this before. Anyone elses the same ?

We saw a roof light at the side of the motorway , but it cant have been yours as we left before you. Oh dear. Hope you get it sorted.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
So jealous we really wanted to go to this one hope we can make November

It's a parents duty to embarrass their kids
Mine were overjoyed when I went to a fancy dress in a mankene borat style

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
We also heard a loud noise from roof of camper, wind lifted the skylight and ripped it off, going to cost us now:Angry:
Oops, sorry to hear that Val & Bob. :Sad:

[quote="Ralph-n-Bev]My calves are killing me ? I can only put it down to walking up the steps to the Abbey , though they never have been like this before. Anyone elses the same ?[/quote]
My calves are okay Ralph. It was my lungs that didn't like the effort. I needed to stop half way up, despite taking my inhaler prior to the trek. :whatthe: All okay now though. :Smile:

Cheers,

Jock.

truffs

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 24, 2012
Durham (Lanchester)
Funster No
MH
CV20
Exp
since 2006
A big thanks to Bob and Val for another excellent weekend, sorry to here some of you had loud bangs we got home safely even though the wind had me battling with the steering wheel at times...................hope to see you all soon and maybe my outfit will be sorted for the next one.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Thank you rob &Val for a great time
Sorry you had some damage to your roof light

It was nice to meet old faces and some new
Hope to meet many of you at Longridge if not before

Next outing jaws bash then bring and buy
So safe travels every one.

Ps I hope bob and suzie put pics on soon

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Thanks val and Bob for yet another fabulous,well organised goth weekend. The rain managed to stay away and even had sunshine for a part of Saturday :)

Great to meet up with the usual gang and also great to meet some new faces, even though I was convinced I knew Debbie lol

Looking forward to November. Minus any children.will let hair down then

Gutted for you Bob and Val. hope you get skylight sorted before we meet up next weekend.

Lots of love.

Lea, Paul, Ben and captain Maxy xxxxxx

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Val & Rob,

We can only reiterate what other funsters have said and wish to thank you both along with Lynda & Ken for another fantastic Goth experience, looking forward to the next one xx

Sheila & Mick (who claims he wasnt pie eyed friday & yesterday) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Val & Bob for a cracking weekend. Very well organised and ran like clockwork. :thumb:

Thanks also to Mick (Runrig) for kindly bringing a barrel if WPA (think we will need two in November)

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Thanks finally to Shaun & Nickie for suggesting the Fox & Rabbit for lunch on Friday. Will deffo stop there again - and get Lynda to drive the bus as it was criminal to only have one pint of Cropton.

We had a long drive 4.5 miles and are now on a little CS with stunning sea views ::bigsmile:

TTFN

Ken & Lynda + Jess the terrorist

driving

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
doncaster southyorkshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
goth meet

thanks to Bob and Val and all involved for a great meet. fantastic meeting up with everyone again even those who break the leash and go out drinking, and lead us all a stray (Bob and Mick)

can not wait for the next one
Mark and Tracy

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
Just like to add our thanks to Val and Bob for the usual great organization and to the other Funsters for making it another successful Goth Weekend meet! Roll on November!

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
With regards to Marks claim that he was led astray by Bob & Mick, this was done with no persuation whatsoever, more a case of the blind leading the blind, Mick has got while November to think of another excuse for staying out late :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :whatthe: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks to the funsters £23 from the beer drinking sessions will be forwarded to HELP THE HEROS.

Mick

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks to the funsters £23 from the beer drinking sessions will be forwarded to HELP THE HEROS.

Mick

Sessions ?

SESSIONS ?

Being of a delicate nature and advanced years I did not drink on the first night, I though I'd save myself for Saturday. Come Saturday I eagerly pulled myself a pint only to receive a glass of farts. Friday's mob of alcoholics had drunk the barrel dry in one go.

Spectacular !

Bring 10 barrels in November, you'll get £230.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back