Whitby car park over nighting (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thought there was a 'no sleeping' bylaw in place in ALL of Scarborough councils car parks.
Whitby is under Scarborough councils jurisdiction, as is Filey.

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
£8.00 you may as well stop at a sites for holidays ccc.

How much would it be to stop the night there? Would you get all day parking in the center of Whitby incuded in the price?

I really don't know for sure but we are all on the marina section of the car park and there are 8 other vans happily spending the night with us- I can't tell how many are sleeping yet! We won't be a sleep until after midnight.

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Stayed there 2 weeks ago at far end past coach area, £8.00 for 24hrs 400yds to town center what is better, may be full up at weekends, but have seen close by for free only room for 2 or so though, if you have foreign no plates free everywhere you may get a ticket but they will not chase them up.
Dont forget this is secret;).
Bill

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Oh forgot to say one of the local councillors is manager on one of the camp sites on the sea front :clap2:.
Bill
Do councillors have to declare business interests?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I would read the big sign at the entrance before considering sleeping there. SBC are notorious for being anti motorhome.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Stayed there 2 weeks ago at far end past coach area, £8.00 for 24hrs 400yds to town center what is better, may be full up at weekends, but have seen close by for free only room for 2 or so though, if you have foreign no plates free everywhere you may get a ticket but they will not chase them up.
Dont forget this is secret;).
Bill
You are giving me ideas I have a couple of sets of Belgium plates. :ROFLMAO:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Could I use my American Plate(s)?.:D2 Choice of Montana, Texas, Florida and North Carolina!(y)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
We were there a couple of weeks ago and asked was there a specific section to park motorhome. They said we could park any bay we could fit in but definitely no sleeping. Quite explicit

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We were there a couple of weeks ago and asked was there a specific section to park motorhome. They said we could park any bay we could fit in but definitely no sleeping. Quite explicit

Do "they" go round with a Glass, put it against the van wall and listen for snoring, do you think?. You could always try saying your on the "tacho", and have to have 9 hours off?.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Do "they" go round with a Glass, put it against the van wall and listen for snoring, do you think?. You could always try saying your on the "tacho", and have to have 9 hours off?.
Only giving factual information.....

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
If you are looking to stay overnight in the town , as already said the parking area is perfect for the day but clear signs of no overnight camping. You take your chances. We were there this afternoon and for £8 you can gamble. If by chance you are a member of the camping and caranning club there is a holiday rally at £12 a night on the left as you head towards the town centre, being held within a school using the playing field. Toilets and showers and only a short walk directly into town. So don't take a chance to save £4

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have a couple of holiday lets in Whitby they seem relaxed about motorhomes out of season but suspect it could be different in peak season

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Oh the world of stealth camping before my pvc I used to park on marina drive for couple of days free section in my trusted transit with a lovely bed in back and in morning get chair out and drink tea on the cliff top basking in the early sun ! I always slipped in side door when no one walking by , or any cctv, the locals didn't have a clue ! Since then( PVC) I got into Whitby early 7 am parked up again in free sectioned stayed there all day then disappeared up on to the moors and stayed overnight there knowing that I was being looked after by the RAF FLYINDALES radar just in case of nuclear/ terrorist attack

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If it is a good day facility for a day in the town center with access to the sea front and it clearly states No camping or overnight sleeping then why abuse it. Surely this is how we get height barriers installed and a bad name among the non motorhome fraternity. I no understand..........:confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back