which windbreak to buy (1 Viewer)

May 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 COMPASS
Exp
Since 2017
I get away with a cheap seaside stripey effort, peg and guy rope if blowy, but not dog proof. Take care if buying one from "blue Diamond" - they couldn't supply spares for my MoveliteT2 awning months after I bought it!

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
I gave clanjones a 'like' because of the same reason; we travel with a Swiss Hunting Dog who is 'Daft as a Brush' in her old age, we used to call her the 'Hound from Hell' in her earlier life, living in an area surrounded by Forest and the inevitable wildlife. We have been 'lugging around a Windbreak' for years, only ever used it once after we bought it. Now it sits in the 'garage. at home. 'Coco' knows where she prefers to be - home cooking/dog treats on demand and a Double Bed to sleep - in why wander?

One Windbreak. available, you collect from 16230 France - just off the N10 - north of Angouleme/south of Ruffec on the road to Spain.

Robert

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Lol we have a seaside stripey one, that's cut down so that our dog cannot see over it but we can to be sociable, a Gelert 4 sections one and a curved posh one, these are mainly used for BBQ protection.
Great idea cutting one down for visibility think I will go that way. Did you shorten the sticks? Have seen these posh contraptions but watching people put them up it seems to take along time okay if you are not moving on I suppose.
why bbq protection?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Yes I get The Jormax recommendations but the burning question is which type?, the see through "Vision" or the solid colour type?
Many Thanks, plus are they at The NEC?
Les

BERT AND ELSIE

Free Member
Aug 6, 2019
NUNEATON WARKS
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
VIRGINS GET IT NEXT WEEK
Thank you we must now decide which would suit us best and what size we have two very small dogs and fear they might get under the bottom is there a gap on all the makes,? Ken yours seems to have a small one.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
We have Jormax too. Just remember to use the dome headed bolts they supply to protect the poles from your lump hammer on hard standing, and obviously you can’t hammer them into solid concrete!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
After much discussion with Ken Kingham and another Funster we went with the same kit as them.(y) We also saw one on a site in D&G and liked the way there are no guy ropes to trip over and the support bars were all on the outside of the windbreak.(y) Very stable in windy conditions however haven't used it a great amount yet.
Just to make Ken sick we'll be using it at New England Bay next week assuming the weather forecast holds up!:tounge:

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
...... Just to make Ken sick we'll be using it at New England Bay next week assuming the weather forecast holds up!:tounge:
I hope the weather does hold out for your stay at NEB. We were last there in April and it was a very windy week.
In D&G atm for paddling and tomorrow’s Kirkcudbright tattoo, but heading home Monday :(

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I hope the weather does hold out for your stay at NEB. We were last there in April and it was a very windy week.
In D&G atm for paddling and tomorrow’s Kirkcudbright tattoo, but heading home Monday :(
Weather's been a bit so so over the last week however looking better over the weekend for you. Particularly Sunday and Monday.(y)

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Thank you we must now decide which would suit us best and what size we have two very small dogs and fear they might get under the bottom is there a gap on all the makes,? Ken yours seems to have a small one.

2 pitches away from ours was a French Camping-Cariste who put a wire mesh fence all the way round the edge of his pitch to keep his small dogs from wandering.

IMG_20190615_105808630 (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190615_105808630.jpg
    IMG_20190615_105808630.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 7

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
2 pitches away from ours was a French Camping-Cariste who put a wire mesh fence all the way round the edge of his pitch to keep his small dogs from wandering.

View attachment 326380
Nae much good at keepin the wind oot, though!:whistle:

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Nae much good at keepin the wind oot, though!:whistle:

True. Some MHers seem to create very elaborate encampments on their pitches, using multiple windbreaks and awnings. Out come the potted plants, BBQs and all kinds of paraphernalia they can't do without. Setting up is free entertainment!

I had to take a pic of this fencing because it was like nothing I've seen before on any campsite. Who else brings fencing like that in their garage? How much does it weigh?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back