Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
A very good afternoon to all our friends. this is sort of a fun thing. we have been to venice or should we say called in en route,a few times. never realy bothered with how we got or how long we took. part of trip....now.. we want to go almost straight. only 6/7 days total.:Sad::Sad: so answers please. as much non motorway and only wild camp/aires. i have ideas and thoughts. but cant wait to read other ideas. prefer one way out. another back but within theese bounds. cheers:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Venice and back in 6/7 days !! You will be driving all day there and back !! and not stopping ! just there and back !

Not for me !!! Hilldweller is our resident Italy expert !!:thumb::thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If that pushed for time I'd go flight+hotel, which would probably be cheaper. Or more likely find somewhere a bit nearer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Have to agree that it would be a lot of driving for that amount of time.We got a nice apartment and a cheap flight to Bergamo and the train from there.Had a great week.Venice is not a great place to have a motorhome!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
only 6/7 days total.:Sad::Sad: so answers please.

"Oooo do you fink you are ? Stirling Moss ?"

860 miles each way from Calais non-toll. Well if you are an heroic driver I guess it's possible, just. But only enjoyable if you consider it a rally.

I trust google implicitly, it's route looks reasonable to me.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Done the trip in a day on the bike, done the trip in a day in the Smartie ( well, near as dammit ) but to be comfy we would make it a two day run in the van..

Ahh..
hang on a sec though

A lot of the smaller Alpen Strasse will now be closed so you will proly need to go via Brenner ( toll ) or Reschen maybe ?

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Read my lips , it's a FUN forum !!

Pity that Froghopper couldn't be bothered to respond when asking for help and advice !!:

Press the like button to let us know you are receiving !!!!

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Pity that Froghopper couldn't be bothered to respond when asking for help and advice !!:

Press the like button to let us know you are receiving !!!!

Give him a chance! He only asked yesterday afternoon and could have been out on the razzzzzz last night so still in his pit!!!! :RollEyes:

OP
OP
froghopper

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
not realy rude

Well it looks like I am rude. I asked for advice. and opinions on the reality of such a trip. Dont matter any more, And yes I was busy with other pressing things. The reason i needed the info has just died. but sorry to have seemed rude. thought we had more time.
With comments like this maybe motorhome facts looks a better bet.
never ever thought i would send an item in like this

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well come on young man.. be fair !! It was only one comment ( which knowing the mind of the Salopian was proly a bit tongue in cheek anyway ! )

All the other comments were good info ( at least I thought they were ::bigsmile: )

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Well come on young man.. be fair !! It was only one comment ( which knowing the mind of the Salopian was proly a bit tongue in cheek anyway ! )

All the other comments were good info ( at least I thought they were ::bigsmile: )

And I did give some info !! Sorry Froghopper !:cry: stick with us and stuff facts ! They are worse than me !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
froghopper

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
grumpy old froghopper

OH ALRIGHT THEN.... i will stay..:winky::winky::winky: after all we need lots of young handsome intelligent knowitall sort of people. truth is my sister lives near venice. always call in if in the area. like you do. knew she was poorly.. but didnt realise how advanced it was. so rather than leave it till next year we thought we would give it atry and get to see her. a long shot and realy not logical. but then i am a member and i do drive a motorhome. :Smile: still a bit sad that things went as they did. maybe for a reason.. anyway. friends i hope:winky::winky: sorry to cause offence. must have been in shock.. regards to all .
Froghopper:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back