Sep 8, 2011
Kent
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Im a newbie
Which vehicle for 5th wheel

I am seriously looking to get a Celtic Rambler. It will not only by my first 5th wheel but also my first mobile home of any description. While I am certain I want the Celtic Rambler, I am not sure which vehicle to get to tow it. There are so many conflicting opinions, I would welcome any advice from people who have experience of the ones they are talking about!

Last edited:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
that all depends Alan on wether the op has a family and wants to use sites, a lot of sites wont let commercial vehicles on, its ok for you when you are off on your travels to far flung places but families tend to like to go on sites especially over here.

My advice to the op is to check out not only the fifthwheel company units but also calder leisure and niche who all sell uk spec 5th wheel units.
i have given the link to 2 of those companies in the op other question plus info on which type of truck for a celtic rambler, that advise comes from knowing a couple of folk that have had celtic ramblers and what they ended up doing which was change to a yank pickup. The link for niche is below

http://www.5thwheels.co.uk/

5th wheels are lovely units but the last thing you want is a unit that is too heavy on the back of your pickup, if it is you will find that the unit will feel as if it is pushing you around when you are trying to stop etc. So you need the right balance, its not nice when you dont feel in full control of the unit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi my sentiments exactly. but a small yank pickup is bigger than my unit.
yes the yank pick up would be far better than a nissan.
i also have a friend with a dodge to pull his 5th wheel coman y5er. but its far bigger than mine. another thing is dont get an auto and get something with an exhaust brake . works much better on extended declines.bewary of short beds you can get cab clout if not carefull.
do lots of investigation you dont want to make amiss buy.

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I am seriously looking to get a Celtic Rambler. It will not only by my first 5th wheel but also my first mobile home of any description. While I am certain I want the Celtic Rambler, I am not sure which vehicle to get to tow it. There are so many conflicting opinions, I would welcome any advice from people who have experience of the ones they are talking about!

it is a no brain er keep American with American mixing euro with American is not a marriage made in heaven
far to many problems

hope this helps you make your mind up

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back