Which thermal windscreen outer blinds to buy? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Which is the best thermal blind to buy for our new Fiat Hymer coach built.

My last one had a lot of straps and was awkward to fit.

Which one to buy?

colyboy

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Do you have the Silverscreens offering for an A Class? If so I'm curious how highly you rate them and how you secure to non-door side of cab if applicable?

Yes we do. A class Rapdio.

They secure on the right hand side with a flap that goes through the sliding window and is held in place by closing said window. The left hand side fits over the door and is vehicle specific.

It holds in place perfectly well and justs need checking and sometimes pulling tight every couple of days or so if you're parked up for that long.

When we use them it's generally with 2 or 3 adult sized people and a couple of dogs and I've got not complaints at all. Never any condensation. :xThumb:

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Our a class driver's door has a rubber seal around it. I had assumed that a cover that fixed over the top corner of the door would create a path for rain as seal would be distorted. Hence the need for a means of attatch cover to becglued to van over door. Any thoughts on this?
Ps I already know that to assume makes an ass of u and me.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Never had any water ingress around the passenger door with the silver screens on our A class. Very easy to fit and come with their own storage bag.

image_7.jpeg

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Contact for Silverscreens? please. I keep putting Silverscreens in I get every thing but that company comes up.

colyboy

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
VAN COMFORT based in Retford Notts. Best design I have seen and are currently using. Not too bulky, therefore saving on storage space.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
VAN COMFORT based in Retford Notts. Best design I have seen and are currently using. Not too bulky, therefore saving on storage space.
Are Van Comfort the retailer? If so, which screen model/manufacturer are you using and for which type of van (A / C class)? Any pics showing the design advantages of such? Thanks!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Silverscreens policy must have changed?. When I asked about a set for my A class R-V (1997) they where less than forthcoming. Finished up with a custom set from Taylormade at around Half the cost!. Never found the need for any since, and never had to use them in Spain.

Arewethereyet

Free Member
Apr 21, 2016
Bracknell, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Silverscreens, I believe make covers to suit most coach built model M/Hs and make some to suit a few A class designs i.e. Hymer Burstner and Rapido if you go to there website there is lots of information regarding different models which they cover.

They are not cheap but in my opinion probably the best quality out there, we have over the years had 3 different sets to suit different M/Hs and never had a problem with either fit or quality.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I've just bought one from Van Comfort, it's a German make. I wanted one from Taylormade but they are closed over Xmas period so had to look elsewhere as we shall need it over New Year.
I'll report back on how I found it it to be.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Another vote for Silverscreens. Had a set on our coachbuilt and now a set on our Burstner A class. Great quality and worth the money.
AND Made in Yorkshire!:xThumb:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Silver screens have just quoted me £299 for a Hymer B488 DL A class which we take delivery of in the New Year. Eye watering price.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Silverscreens policy must have changed?. When I asked about a set for my A class R-V (1997) they where less than forthcoming. Finished up with a custom set from Taylormade at around Half the cost!. Never found the need for any since, and never had to use them in Spain.
I also have Taylormade which I have been very pleased with.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Silver screens have just quoted me £299 for a Hymer B488 DL A class which we take delivery of in the New Year. Eye watering price.
But worth every penny in my experience. I have seen other makes after a few years needing replacement. After 3 years on my coachbuilt I was offered 70% of the cost price on Ebay. Depends how long you will keep your new van.

Cheers
Bernie

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Taylor made are closed from 8th December till 3rd January and won't quote "resume normal deliveries till 11th Jan" which is to late for me.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
Just dealt with silverscreens. they gave me a quote by email, i phoned them on Monday but missed the office opening hours. they phoned me back first thing Tuesday morning, lovely lady to speak to on phone. screens arrived Wednesday lunchtime. chose silverscreens after reading posts on here. haven't opened the packet yet and tried them but they will be used over new year when we are away. can't fault service so far.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back