Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Simple question as I have no idea which way to go, looking for a straightforward windows/android 10 inch or plus tablet with 32 or 64gb to use whilst away in the van. We do have amazon prime and will be watching films on that so the amazon fire HD looks possible. Want to spend as little as possible but enough to get something half decent.
Suggestions please?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Samsung galaxy Tab A 10" have served us well. Wife and myself had the basic 16gb versions when they came out. Later upgraded to the 32gb ones when on offer. Use plug in micro SD card to give extra storage. đź‘Ť

Windows tablets will be very limited for apps. Fire tablets have a good reputation but personally I would move up a notch.

OP
OP
Phileas Fogg

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Looks like the samsung galaxy tab A7 with 32gb is the way to go, good deal on Amazon for the 10.4 LTE version.
Thanks for the suggestion Tonka

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
I recently bought the Samsung A7 (WiFi only) from John Lewis. Same price as Currys and Amazon at the time, but with a second years warranty and a decent case / stand thrown in. Free delivery too. Don't know if offer still on or not?

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I think the Amazon Fire tablets are good value for money. Link
As tonka said about Windows tablets, the Apps for Amazon Fire tablets are limited. I have one, and like it, but find the absence of Apps is frustrating.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As tonka said about Windows tablets, the Apps for Amazon Fire tablets are limited. I have one, and like it, but find the absence of Apps is frustrating.

I think the fire only has limits if you use the Amazon own app store as it comes "out the box" . My son just said they can be hacked to use the proper play store which gives all the android apps.

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Samsung galaxy Tab A 10" have served us well. Wife and myself had the basic 16gb versions when they came out. Later upgraded to the 32gb ones when on offer. Use plug in micro SD card to give extra storage. đź‘Ť

Windows tablets will be very limited for apps. Fire tablets have a good reputation but personally I would move up a notch.
My brother has this and he's really pleased with it.

I have an ancient iPad which is now creaking as lots of the apps I use on it now won't update due to the age of the OS. So am debating what to buy to replace it.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My brother has this and he's really pleased with it.

I have an ancient iPad which is now creaking as lots of the apps I use on it now won't update due to the age of the OS. So am debating what to buy to replace it.
Had Samsung Tabs for the last 5 years or so. I love them.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I have a fire 10 inch. I think its the best for the money. A bit slow and comes with Amazon Ads (there are ways of getting rid and installing proper Android but its a bit technical) but it does the job for me. It's quite easy to hack so that it uses Google play store and normal google apps rather than the Amazon equivalents if you prefer but there's nothing wrong with the Amazon ones.

My wife has the Samsung equivalent. Lighter, faster but quite a bit more expensive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back