Which stellplatz in Fussen? (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi Funsters

I'm just looking at Fussen which is on our stop off list and noticed that there's 3 Stellplatz which all look next to one another and with varying reviews on CC.
Which one have you stayed at and what was your reason of choice?

BTW, going at this time of year, we may not have that choice if its poor availability, but thought I'd ask anyway.
Thanks

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
2 of them belong to the same company I think the bottom one next to the roundabout is the best one slightly bigger pitches and it also has washing machines and a cafe

The first one the pitches are very narrow but it does have a shop where you can buy motorhome accessories

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
When we were their (couple of yrs ago) they were all ramed but on the same road a little further out there were a couple of nice campsites for ever few euro extra.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Devra

Banned
Jun 1, 2016
Germany
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 585 Sport
Exp
Since 2000
I agree. When we were there last year the Stellplätze were so full that we decided to splash out a few €'s and go to the campsite at Brunnen. It was only 5 km from the town by bike and was very good.
It was also closer to Hohenschwangau than from the Stellplätze.
The only disappointment was that there wasn't any water in the Forggensee last year because they were repairing the dam.

Devra

Banned
Jun 1, 2016
Germany
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 585 Sport
Exp
Since 2000
Also, Camping Hopfensee looked quite good. We rode there on the bikes. It is even closer to Füssen but the wrong side for Hohenschwangau if you want to visit Schloss Neuschwanstein

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The only disappointment was that there wasn't any water in the Forggensee last year because they were repairing the dam.

Your disappointment is someone else's treat - how many people have seen it empty ?

Fantastically placed campsite and a fantastic campsite. Great for cycling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Devra

Banned
Jun 1, 2016
Germany
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 585 Sport
Exp
Since 2000
Your disappointment is someone else's treat - how many people have seen it empty ?

It reminds me of when we went to Schluchsee in the Black Forrest in 1983. It had been emptied for the first time in over 50 years. Thousands of people visited and there was a traffic jam coming from Freiburg.
It was possible to walk along the old Post Road which had been used by the old stage coaches. It was still visible, complete with stone bridge and tree stumps.
I still have a commemorative newspaper.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We recently stayed on the sports centre / caravan accessories one . At first glance I didn’t want to stay but it was quite late in evening so just wanted to stop. We had visited Neuschwanstein at 5pm to 8pm when it was much quieter and plenty of room in car park. The last bus up is at 5:30 pm but we walked up. We had thought of staying in the carpark but when we got back to the van we were the last vehicle there so decided against it.

At the stellplatz, we found a marked out space with smaller vans either side and the hot shower was welcome.
Handy Lidl along the road. The next morning we cycled into Füssen for a look around. It was a convenient stop and for that I would recommend it.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Fussen is lovely but another must see, down the road, is Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Must be the stockbroker belt of Germany. Well worth a look. Campsite a short ride into town. Last time we were there the Yanks still had a manned "spooks" base.

BrianF

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2015
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Hi LIne
Exp
Since 2015
We have also used the sports centre site - quieter than the big one down the road but close enough to the shops. Decent toilets and showers. We cycled in to town and also pedalled round the castle tour. Decent stop for a couple of nights before the run across Austria

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back