which silver screens!! (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi posted this mainly for newbies wondering which ones to buy??

external ... ie silver screens a branded name but every one call s them what ever the make a bit like hoover:winky: we have external silver screens by taylormade which are brill no condensation in the morning

Link Removed

internal ..

sucker cup type internal screens eg ones on ebay

Link Removed

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i have internal silver screens but some condensation in the mornings....also have a white external screen which is brill...no condensation with that one..although a bit more tricky to fit..we normally use the siver internal ones...just easier and cleaner for me..oh & thanks for the feedback by the way...samm

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
i have internal silver screens but some condensation in the mornings....also have a white external screen which is brill...no condensation with that one..although a bit more tricky to fit..we normally use the siver internal ones...just easier and cleaner for me..oh & thanks for the feedback by the way...samm

hi samm i had some internal ones when i bought my 1st van from donn amotts:Smile:
got fed up cleaning up condenstion so got some tayormade from a gent off mhf in classifed :wub: they pull down at the front so opening the doors isnt a problem :Cool:

feedback no problem

ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
our van is from don amott's..we didnt buy from there though we bought it privately...recently went and had a look at a new mclouis...some nice motors there eh!!just need the £ now..keep doing the lotto..:RollEyes:
yes the condensation can be a pain sometimes but we mainly wildcamp so its a quick fix for us...we use the white ones on campsites which are by far much much better....samm :Smile:

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I bought some of the original Silver Screens and found that they were superb, nothing internal will stop the codensation because the glass will still remain cool, but the external ones work a treat. I also had the extra panel that allows you to see out but no one can see in. These really do work, and are great for letting a bit of light into the motorhome during the day but still keeping things private. So on the basis of my experience I would go for the original Silver Screens.

Upvote 0

Liz14

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
overcab
Exp
2 years
:Eeek:

Hi,

Please let me kow where you bought your internal silver screen.

Liz

Upvote 0

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I bought both sets of 'screens' off eBay.

First set were external.

Advantages; Easy and quick to fit.
Disadvantages; If raining on parking up then you have got to go out of the van to fit them. If it's dry but rains during the night, you are packing away a damp screen cover. Another point somebody once mentioned on here which i'd never thought about. Should you ever get any trouble from 'undesirables' during the night and feel it best to move off quickly....then you have got to get out of the van to remove the screen. Not a good idea!

I sold the external and then bought internal.

Advantages; Can be fitted and removed whilst remaining inside the van at all times. Any problems or potential threat from 'undesirables'....simply remove and get the hell out. Whilst this scenario may be pretty remote, there is still the chance it could well happen to you one day. As i travel alone i think it's a good idea to be prepared for that.
Disadvantages; Fiddly and not as quick to fit as a one piece external. The sticker cups wear though can be renewed.

Upvote 0
B

boxersteve

Deleted User
Choosing a Silverscreens

After trying the internal Silverscreens and getting fed up with all the condensation
i decided to take the plunge and paid a fortune for some of the high quality Hindermann German external screens nearly £400
What a joke, the quality was awful infact i actually damaged the cover it was that fragile taking it off the vehicle.
I had a friend who had bought a Taylormade screencover eventually, as he was fobbed off for months even after his credit card had been debited!
So In the end after some research i got a Foldstar silverscreen from Silver Products
Problem solved, great screen cover at the right price.
Hope this helps anyone trying to choose a Silverscreen.

Upvote 0

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Sorry, forgotten who I bought the external screens for my Mk 2 sprinter from but they are cr.p. Anyway, if you wild camp, go for internals!

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
I had a set of Fiamma internal screens found them to be very good ,sold them as I was buying a set Taylormade internals .Worse thing I had done sell the Fiammas 1st .The T/made were double the price but I think the Fiammas were better. The external Silver Screens are brilliant but do have their bad points as said previously . I then fitted Remis interior blinds absolutely brilliant in the nice weather ,so easy for visiting Aires in France or privatising the van in car parks etc .Anyway sold the van and bought a Renault base it is fitted with Remis Blinds great so shall only be buying a set of internals for the cold nights and Fiamma if they make them :thumb:

Upvote 0

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
I had Genuine external silver screens brilliant made the cab area warmer than the rest of the van, no condensation,

In fact i have mine for sale as moved to a rv you can see them in the classified section

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back