Which setting to choose on LRM 1218 regulator (1 Viewer)

Tony M

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Barnstaple
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1985
I'm in the process of installing a 120 watt solar panel to my Globecar which has a Schaudt EBL 119 Elektroblok (basically a 99 with an AGM setting for the charger) and a Varta Professional LA95 dual purpose AGM leisure battery.

I've splashed out on a Schaudt LRM 1218 MPP solar regulator which has three possible settings depending on battery type and I was wondering if anyone could suggest which would be the correct one.

The first is for lead acid so obviously it's not that but these are the two I have to choose from:
AGM 1 / Lead-gel.
Charging voltage: 14.4 volts. Charge retention voltage: 13.8 volts. Time phase: 12 hours.

AGM2
Charging voltage: 14.7volts. Charge retention voltage 13.7 volts. Time phase: 4 hours.

I emailed Udo Lang at Schaudt but he just suggested I contact Varta which I have done, but not had a reply. Anyone got any ideas which is best?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I would contact Varta technical for complete certainty, but their guide to leisure batteries states the following for AGM:
  • Absorption phase 14.8V
  • Float (retention) 13.8V
Nothing about the time required for charging but it does suggest a charging current of 25-35% of the nominal Ah capacity of the leisure battery bank.

OP
OP
T

Tony M

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Barnstaple
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1985
JeanLuc, thanks for that. The absorption phase would suggest I choose the AGM 2 setting but the float would suggest AGM 1. Which is best I wonder?
Still hoping for a reply from Varta.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back