LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, we have a Horizon USB satellite finder which has worked perfectly for a number of years, we have never had a problem locking onto Astra and have set up other people's dishes on numerous occasions. I updated the meter before we set off for Spain last December and Mike spent a long time trying to tune our dish in Spain but with little or no success. He could find the satellite but it would not lock on.

What made it worse was that our neighbours tuned our dish in with a cheap and cheerful screamer!!

My question is,

1 Does anyone know how I can sort out the Horizon - without having to send it back to the manufacturers
2 Can anyone recommend an alternative satellite finder, which is reliable and easy to use.

Any help and advice very much appreciated.

Ginny

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Been a long time since I had anything to do with these meters but Horizon should have a website and software on there for updating..
Usually on these meters you can select the satellites you want on there and leave off any that you know you will never use..

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Steve,

I have been on the Horizon site, but I really need to wipe everything off before downloading just the Astra2 satellite. I checked how much it would cost to send it back to Horizon - over 3 years old is £250 + postage!! so that is certainly a nonstarter!

I think I must have done something wrong when I downloaded the new satellite info, but I dont know how to put it right.

Ginny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Using a smart phone is definitely the easy way as you can see where the satellite is in the sky, with the right app. Been using mine for 2 years now and never missed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back