Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, we're off to Brittany for a fortnight this summer (OH and 2 kids). I'm looking for the best sat Nav option - I currently have a Tomtom one xl and can get A French map download for £40. I also have a iPhone and can get an app for £55 but does anyone know of a cheaper option? Thanks:Sad:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Link Removed
best 1 there is and at a fraction of the price of any others

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Hi Dai we are off to brittainy this summer too for the first time in a mh, i have the tom tom one xl as well and find it a pain sometimes as its meant for car sizes and has lead us down some dodgy routes. So i will be getting a new one that you can input mh dimensions have been looking at some eg.. Broken Link Removed but the choice and differing opinions on most items on here are a bit confusing at times but i like the look of uk bills choice there and the price :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i have had this sat nav for around 6 months and had no problems with its directions its took me to portugal poland and many more places i deleted some files by accident and had to pay £6 for a new sd card i couldnt believe when it arrived aith all the new updates for a newer version of the sat nav i recommend this device to anyone

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hi, we're off to Brittany for a fortnight this summer (OH and 2 kids). I'm looking for the best sat Nav option - I currently have a Tomtom one xl and can get A French map download for £40. I also have a iPhone and can get an app for £55 but does anyone know of a cheaper option? Thanks:Sad:

Co Pilot Live app £20 approx Which magazine best buy ::bigsmile:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Dai Howells & Autoswan,
likewise we are off to brittany in sept via dunkirk.
Terry:sin:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
dont forget the 1 i recommend is also a 7" screen and blue tooth lane changes and alerts read all that it does before you buy there are a few others on here who also have this sat nav

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
+1 for CoPilot on your iPhone

Gives you the opportunity to program for car, RV, motorcycle, pedestrian etc etc

Shows lane changing etc etc.

Does all that any old satnag can do, plus you can use it as a phone........................:winky:

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
I've just had a reply from masaistore regarding the software that is supplied, she says its igo,primo, and is from 2001!

I presume this is a mistake as they only started producing this in 2006!

I've emailed to clarify, the good news is that igo primo is a well regarded software package, I hint it will be 2011, hopefully:Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
no custom to pay and yes 2001 is a mistake mine is up tp date

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
Don't forget to disable speed camera's as it is illegal to have it on in France and maybe others!.

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
I've got one of these as well.(the link put in by ukbill) I've not travelled overseas with it yet, but I am very impressed with it so far. Took a bit of head scratching to get to grips with all the bits and pieces, but it works well. Would recommend it too!:thumb:

OP
OP
D

Dai Howells

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
ukbill, just looked at the ebay link. Looks good but just 1 question: it says it comes with 1 map which can be the UK or other European countries, but did you get the UK and Europe included when you bought yours? And before anyon says it, yes I know the UK is in Europe :roflmto:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
ukbill, just looked at the ebay link. Looks good but just 1 question: it says it comes with 1 map which can be the UK or other European countries, but did you get the UK and Europe included when you bought yours? And before anyon says it, yes I know the UK is in Europe :roflmto:

I got Europe with mine, but I did request that map when I ordered and they said no problem.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Just ordered one bill :thumb: they didnt ask for choice of area so i assume can choose in menu from AU, USA, UK or EU listed in add ? can speed camera be disabled easily on it if need to in France etc ?
just saw small print so should come with Eu map - Listed as Link Removed ?

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
speed cameras can be switched of and all of europe is the map u need which includes uk and has full postal code select and map coordinates length and height it also asks the average speed you will do so that when i calculates the time it takes into account your speed if you have a via point it asks if there is waiting time and can also take this into account on the time it takes to destination when you cross the border into any country it asks if you want to save and view the rules of that country it is a impressive piece of kit and all for a small price but remember that due to the amount of info this gadget has its life without being plugged in is limited

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi UKbill ,
You state it does postcodes, does it also route by GPS co-ordinates,map refs. Does the road you are travelling on on the screen stand out or is it a different colour so you can see which way you should be heading.

I ordered one from goodsales supposedly uk based but acxtually China, which seemed to be identical but it didn't support postcodes or no sound alerts or visible alerts for speed cameras, also unlike my old tomtom the road you are travelling on, on the screen wasn't a different colour so it didn't stand out from the rest of the map , hope you can understand what i mean.
Thanks in anticipation.
Terry :sin: FIDGET

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
yes it does post codes a nd gps also the road you need stands out and warnibg alerts are available you can program it to alert you in the way you want it to also alerts you of your speed the way you want it to say it can alert you to warn you when u r 10%of the limit

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Don't forget to disable speed camera's as it is illegal to have it on in France and maybe others!.

Not illegal if it is for static cameras. Sat nav or gps as in French still ave it on them . What is illegal is the ones which prewarn of mobile cameras .

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i hardly ever use the camera detector i aint normally over the speed limit anyway

Bebe

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Spain/East Yorkshire, Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
Sat nav

Thank you all for your help and yes I've ordered one. I too queried the uk and European maps so I have emailed the seller and asked for the European. Hopefully it will be the right one. I am new to this site and must say I am very impressed with everyone's help. Thank you so much.

OP
OP
D

Dai Howells

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Lampeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I'm a newbie
ukbill what's the situation when ordering from Hong Kong? Don't you have to pay import charges? Thanks:Confused::Confused:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Mine just arrived, no tax to pay - I questioned this on another thread and folk who had ordered before said it was the luck of the draw. Sometimes it gets caught in the customs trap, most times not.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
we aim to please lol

ukbill