Which Sat for Italy? (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi
I appreciate that our 65cm Oyster Caro Digital (diamond shape dish) maybe punching above its weight in tying to pick up Astra 2 satellite here in Italy, so does anyone know from personal experience which satellite to change it to where it may pick up the odd English Channel?

We’ve no obstructions overhead so would think it would pick something up. (Tried Astra 1 & Eutel? But nothing)

Not to worry - we’ll just have to all talk to one another if not.
(What a bloody holiday that would turn out to be)
Thanks

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi
I appreciate that our 65cm Oyster Caro Digital (diamond shape dish) maybe punching above its weight in tying to pick up Astra 2 satellite here in Italy, so does anyone know from personal experience which satellite to change it to where it may pick up the odd English Channel?

We’ve no obstructions overhead so would think it would pick something up. (Tried Astra 1 & Eutel? But nothing)

Not to worry - we’ll just have to all talk to one another if not.
(What a bloody holiday that would turn out to be)
Thanks
Gav, I'm surprised that you are unable to pick up Astra 1, on 19.2 - 19.4 East, whereupon you can pick up english speaking news channels.

The footprint is huge, whereas the Astra 2 footprint is like a pin head, and reduced in area. :(

Good luck,

Jock. :)

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Depending where in Italy you area, you should be able to pick up some of the UK Astra 2 signals.
These will be the European beam signals whose "footprint" covers most of mainland western Europe, and not the UK beam signals (whose "footprint" is not as generous as the European beam)

So you may be able to get some limited free UK channels, like Sky News, Pick...

Otherwise, you will need astra 1 and get the three english speaking news channels (Sky News Int, BBC World News, and Cnn).

Apart from those you will be struggling to get any other English language channels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back