....cost?
....any good suppliers (who will fit)?

Anything more than about 20 mins and I wouldn't use it
Ta
Barry

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
It depends on your needs Barry, we opted for a store tent and a home made front panel ... made a side panel later but rarely use it. (saved a fortune:winky:)

The store tent only comes into use if we stay for more than a couple of days...

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Good Morning Barry,

It will depend on what Fiamma awning you have fitted, if its a Zip you can get a Zip Privacy, if not and you want the zip type privacy you will need to add that to the awning, not a big deal.

If not, cheapest option is to buy the front and side blockers, easy to fit and take down.

Give Darren or John a ring and they can advise you further and supply them if you want to go ahead.

Regards

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ronfleur

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
awning

My awning is the 45i 400 platignum
What's the difference in easy/speed/price of fitting between the zip and normal privacy room pls?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
My awning is the 45i 400 platignum
What's the difference in easy/speed/price of fitting between the zip and normal privacy room pls?

Good Morning Ron,

You will not be able to fit a zip to your awning unless you have the zip part on it.

Clip system:
With the new Clip system the side panels of the Privacy are quickly and easily joined with the fabric of the awning.
Just place the clip system in the corner of the casebox and the leg support of the front panel.
Then the upper part is fastened together with the lower part. In order to guarantee a perfect seal the fabric of the awning is blocked between the lower and upper rail by screwing the internal knobs.
Insert the side panels into the rail of the clip system.
The front panel of the Privacy Room is inserted into the rail of the front of the awning and with the YKK zip it is then joined with the side panel of the Privacy.
The clip system is also delivered with two vertical rafters that are fixed between the side walls and the vehicle walls and the side sponges.
The new patented system uses the sandwich technology and is made of anodized aluminium.
It is adaptable for awnings with a maximum extension of 250cm. (when closed the set of tent pegs takes up only 120 cm).
The clip system is standard delivered with the Privacy Rooms; it is however possible to buy it separately in order to use it on Privacy Rooms produced after 2005.

---------------------------------------------​

ZIP
The innovative Fiamma ZIP system joins the side panels to the fabric of the awning with two special sturdy YKK zips.

The awning is transformed into a completely enclosed room in a few minutes. Standard delivered with: the awning (canopy available in Blue Ocean or Deluxe Grey colour), installation brackets, one front panel with door and two side panels with screened windows that can be opened. Also included are Rapid Set aluminium tension poles, one central tension rafter excluding the 250 cm model, vehicle skirting, London curtains for all the windows and storage bag Mega Bag.
-------------------------------------------​

We have a DVD that shows you how it all assembles, if you would like a free copy, please give us a ring.

OP
OP
ronfleur

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
Awnings

Thanks for that
Sorry for being a bit slow but what is the difference in speed of erection :Blush:
and price between zip and privacy room
ty

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
We have a DVD that shows you how it all assembles, if you would like a free copy, please give us a ring.

Deary deary me, is that legal to make copies of DVD:ROFLMAO:
Isnt there a law against that:ROFLMAO:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Deary deary me, is that legal to make copies of DVD:ROFLMAO:
Isnt there a law against that:ROFLMAO:

Not when you run FiammaCare on behalf of Fiamma Italy it aint!!:shout:

Ron,

The Zip is the quickest, just like doing your flies up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Whilest at Stratford, Iwas parked next to a guy in a HYMER, with a Fiama zip on awning. Lets just say had it been his fly and in a desperate way, he would never have made it, :ROFLMAO::Blush:
As I said 5 min and I am sat with my brew.

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
we optied to put a keyham windbreak round cheep enuff

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
We had a Fiamma Zip room with our previous van and have an Omnistor Clip on Safari Room with the new van - the Zip room, while not exactly quick to put up, was at least intuitive and nice once assembled. The Omnistor clipon job we have never managed to use - no instructions, completely impossible to work out and has been a total waste of money as it lies unused in its bag. As the awning has too - it's not right and despite the ministrations of the awning party at the opening meet, it does not open or close properly. I would never recommend either Omnistor awnings, their safari rooms or for that matter, the awful supplying dealer, BCS of Herne Bay who have failed to respond to any correspondence about the issue. :Sad:

Go with Fiamma is my advice. At least it worked as it should.:RollEyes:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We had a Fiamma Zip room with our previous van and have an Omnistor Clip on Safari Room with the new van - the Zip room, while not exactly quick to put up, was at least intuitive and nice once assembled. The Omnistor clipon job we have never managed to use - no instructions, completely impossible to work out and has been a total waste of money as it lies unused in its bag. As the awning has too - it's not right and despite the ministrations of the awning party at the opening meet, it does not open or close properly. I would never recommend either Omnistor awnings, their safari rooms or for that matter, the awful supplying dealer, BCS of Herne Bay who have failed to respond to any correspondence about the issue. :Sad:

Thanks, with Fiamma you know where you are, we support them 100% at base and at the shows, if you need any help, advice or spares, just give us a ring or look on our website.

Regards

Peter

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007

I cannot imagine anyone who could pass her Ham Radio licence cannot put up a simple Omni Safari.
Five minutes and sat inside with a brew:thumb:
Demonstrations at Pickering:ROFLMAO:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
In order to guarantee a perfect seal the fabric of the awning is blocked between the lower and upper rail by screwing the internal knobs.

hi johns cross ...eeeer when i use my priversy room the screw in knobs are on the outside,am i missing something or doing something wrong?.plus the front is 4/6" to short i have had 3 replacements all of witch are to short
thanks dave

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I cannot imagine anyone who could pass her Ham Radio licence cannot put up a simple Omni Safari.
Five minutes and sat inside with a brew:thumb:
Demonstrations at Pickering:ROFLMAO:

Oi!! sometimes the simplest of things are impossible to those who are used to dealing with complications, say Confucius!!!! :ROFLMAO:
The Radio Licences thus far have been a nice array of physics and maths, altogether far more academic (and intuitive) than Omnistor's lack of any instructions for their Safari Room!! :Eeek:
Seriously, we've not worked out how to use the thing and who knows, given the appalling treatment from the dealer, some vital bits may be missing anyway!!:Cool:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
what on earth do you want a privacy awning room for

If you use it at night (if its anything like a tent, you need to keep the light off or everyone can sit outside and enjoy the shadows

:ROFLMAO:

Just lock the camper doors rofl xxxxxxxxx

Isnt the whole idea of a motorhome that you just park up and enjoy rather than put up tents etc xxxxxx

no offence meant

Last edited:
S

s700hymmerc

Deleted User
what next eh!!

Oi!! sometimes the simplest of things are impossible to those who are used to dealing with complications, say Confucius!!!! :ROFLMAO:
The Radio Licences thus far have been a nice array of physics and maths, altogether far more academic (and intuitive) than Omnistor's lack of any instructions for their Safari Room!! :Eeek:
Seriously, we've not worked out how to use the thing and who knows, given the appalling treatment from the dealer, some vital bits may be missing anyway!!:Cool:
:Doh:
well i never a person having trouble with an omnistor , cannot understand ! you bought in the 1st place if you do not know the fundementals of these awnings , we were at shepton mallet 2 years ago and the couple next to us bought a fiamma , first week he told me the inner sprocket broke , they replaced this free of charge , guess what lol!! it broke again , plus it was leaking into the roof lining , so watch it , what i think is you get all type,s of dealers who just want the cash , end of !!.
i like the omnistor , i think it,s great . works well when you know how , lol!!. i go the easy way , if i have a prob with a product i go direct , they do it 1st time and give you prezzie,s saying thank you and we are very sorry ,
beside s i have to think the support that fiamma are getting here some thing very fishy??. :ROFLMAO:
LOL!!!.
i could tell you now i would not hesitate to buy some thing i wanted even if it did not have the instructions ,
it is only common sense and time , we have many time,s gone to shows! site,s ! ect, ect, and you will always find some one struggling with these type,s of things and you help out don,t you it,s the fun of it , and being social . and by the end of this when every thing is up and happy they say god !did not know it was going to be as easy as this , and half of them had the instuctions to start with .
have fun and always have a plan ,
happy camping , have fun .
denton.:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Wild Ones

Free Member
Jan 4, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Fledgelings
Seeing the amount of awnings doubling up as secondary water storage systems, after the heaviy rain at Stratford, I think a water butt would have more use than stick on panels!:ROFLMAO:

Drylander

Free Member
Aug 28, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 Years
FIAMMA ZIP (Our F45 Fiamma Zip Privacy Room is aka 'The Shed')

5 Minutes to assemble & peg down? Sorry, but No Way! It takes us more like 30 to 45 Mins and is a two-person Task.

The major problem we found was that, when Zipping the Privacy room sides onto the Awning, you start by connect the Zip at the outside end,
Legs set to low, and then zip-up along & towards the Awning housing at the side of the 'Van

But, as you zip nearer and nearer to the van then height beomes a problem because the Zip becomes out of reach! (Once even for my 6 foot-three oppo!)

Our initial remedy was to fit a large key ring at the zipper and achieve full zipping up by using a pole, with a large cup hook screwed into one end, which then allowed the zip to be pulled all the way along and upwards.

Now our latest method (which won't suit everyone :cry: ) is to zip up all the way by using the Step Ladder..........>>>>>

STEP LADDER?? Yes, we take along a five-step ladder from B & Q; at less than £20-ish.

WHYFORE?? Because we have no current need to go on the'Van roof so we removed our rear ladder some time ago. Should we ever need to go on the Roof we use this ladder inside the Van and gain access through our skylight. This B & Q Stepladder now stows neatly behind the Driver's seat and is very handy for cleaning the Vehicle as well as being invaluable for Zipping up the Awning.

FINALLY: AN AWNING TIP - For ANY Type.:thumb:

With any Awning out in a bit of a breeze the side edges will always flap and flutter (and disturb your sleep!). We avoid this annoyance by placing a telescopic pole horizontally at each end and clamping each awning side edge to this pole with 3 or 4 small plastic clamps (4 for a £1 at any show, etc).

Thus clamped, the fluttering ceases; peace & quet reigns again.
And if that REIGN should then subsequently become RAIN, our now rigid awning no longer acts as a Rain Collector!!

Bob & Maggie L

PS
Within 'The Shed' we can also hang an inner bedroom (from Telescopic Poles) which neatly takes a double airbed, with still plenty of room in the Shed. We have only had the need to use it once so far, but it is ar less trouble than clearing/sleeping in the Luton, being very comfortable and it was almost like camping under full canvas, again! :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back