Which outdoor BBQ do people recommend? (1 Viewer)

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
I have had a Cadac in the past, but it had so many bits that I didn't use it was a bit of a waste.

Can anyone suggest which is the best suited to carrying and using while motorhoming?

Planning on picking one up before our first France trip.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Weber Baby Q1000 with trolley ( trolley collapses down) - great bit of kit, can use small gas cylinders or connect to a large gas bottle.

It's an outdoor oven, grill, BBQ all in one..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
we have tried all of the cadac's in all of the sizes....:rolleyes:

as using a gas BBQ plugged into the van is about the same as having a griddle plate on the hob we now use one of these with a plain and ribbed griddle plates its simpler, you can griddle and have a pan on and packs away quite small,
twin burner.jpg

Upvote 0

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
it you want a charcoal one which is portable, I have one of these:

Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
these are hard to beat in the charcoal world. Has the advantage you can snuff them out to save fuel

Reactions: SMB
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We've got a Cadac in the van all the time and a Blacktop 360 that we use when there are more of us around.

Both are good.

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Some sites in France don't allow charcoal bbqs due to the fire risk, certainly the further south you go.
To me, a bbq should have a flame, preferably from charcoal, Cadacs are popular but you could substitute a gas ring and frying pan for the same effect.
The Webber Go Anywhere is a good small portable barbie, available in gas or charcoal, which will last you for years, and being cube shaped, fits in a moho better than the "globe" type and you can smoke food on it too. (y)

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've got one of these
Broken Link Removed
after getting sick and fed up of crappy Cadac which is now a garden birdtable.
Have to say Cadac performs better as a birdtable than it does as a BBQ.

Upvote 0

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Some sites in France don't allow charcoal bbqs due to the fire risk, certainly the further south you go.
To me, a bbq should have a flame, preferably from charcoal, Cadacs are popular but you could substitute a gas ring and frying pan for the same effect.
The Webber Go Anywhere is a good small portable barbie, available in gas or charcoal, which will last you for years, and being cube shaped, fits in a moho better than the "globe" type and you can smoke food on it too. (y)
looks like a great bit of kit

Upvote 0

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Cadac for us every time. We use the skottle, grill and roasting pan and cook everything from full English breakfast to chilli & curries and full roast dinners.

Upvote 0

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
The mixed responses for Cadac are interesting/concerning, having bought one recently and not yet used it. Got the Grillogas BBQ and paella dish in a sale, fingers crossed it'll work.

Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
we have tried all of the cadac's in all of the sizes....:rolleyes:

as using a gas BBQ plugged into the van is about the same as having a griddle plate on the hob we now use one of these with a plain and ribbed griddle plates its simpler, you can griddle and have a pan on and packs away quite small,
View attachment 55246
Me too!

Is there an "indoor BBQ"? :LOL:

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've got a suitcase stove on which we can use stuff from the camper such as a griddle pan, frying pan, or 'gourmet grill', so no extra bits other than the stove to carry around, also the stove itself can be used to boil a kettle when waiting for the tunnel train (once the main camper gas has been turned off). We can also use it to supplement our 2 ring hob if needs be too.
suitcase gas stove.jpg

gourmet grill plate.jpg

griddle pan.jpg

We also have a 3 in one suitcase stove/grill/bbq which we use occasionally in the summer when we cook outdoors more.
suitcase 3 in 1 bbq stove grill.jpg

As both work off the easily found and cheap gas aerosol type canisters (no large bottles to cart around or needing a BBQ point to attach it to) they can be used in whatever location we want ... even taken on the beach if necessary ... or away from the van if cooking something smelly or messy.

We've had Cadacs and Beauclaire BBQs and the above suits our needs perfectly for our camper.

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I like the little gas burners too.

We also have a little electric griddle.

Cadac was not for me.