Which one of these would you buy? (1 Viewer)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, I've finally decided to buy a naw satnav. I've narrowed the choice to either the TomTom 720 or 910 any opinions? Also will either of these units accept GPS coordinates rather than an address? Any help appreciated. ::bigsmile:

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
It depends what else you want your sat nav to do? The 910 will store photos, play music etc. But if you just want a sat nav to be a sat nav, save some £££ and just get a Tom Tom one v2 europe. Thats all I ve got and the sat nav bit is more or less that same as a 910 I borowed.

Just my 2p's worth

Richard...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It depends what else you want your sat nav to do? The 910 will store photos, play music etc. But if you just want a sat nav to be a sat nav, save some £££ and just get a Tom Tom one v2 europe. Thats all I ve got and the sat nav bit is more or less that same as a 910 I borowed.

Just my 2p's worth

Richard...

I agree.. go for the TT One XL Europe , great bit of kit, get the XL, it has a larger screen and is slimmer.. full GB postal codes and accepts gps coordinates, easy and intuitive to use and the software works on the Mac.. thousands of free POIs available including Stelplatz, Aires, CC sites, France Passion, etc ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Having tried with and without, would not have a gps without traffic management, its saved me so many many hours of traffic queing.

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Jim

Not sure how the system you mention works for tom tom one, is it the same as my Mio?

On the mio if a traffic jam is detected a quicker route is calculated (even to the extent that it will take you off the motorway at a junstion and put you back on further up the Queue !!)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim

Not sure how the system you mention works for tom tom one, is it the same as my Mio?

On the mio if a traffic jam is detected a quicker route is calculated (even to the extent that it will take you off the motorway at a junstion and put you back on further up the Queue !!)

Hi George

I haven't subscribed to TT Traffic, looking at the features it appears to..

TomTom Traffic gives you constant real-time traffic reports, as well as advice on the best alternative routes to avoid the jams. You can even get updates on dangerous road conditions ahead, delivered straight to your TomTom (TomTom application version 6.0 or higher)
The TomTom Traffic service is currently available for Austria, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

To make it even easier, you only need one subscription to enjoy traffic information in any country on your map. So, no matter where you are, you can always stay ahead of the rest.

Key features:

Real-time traffic information across Europe, using the most accurate and up-to-date sources.
Detailed incident reports, delay times estimated, alternative routes proposed and if enabled automatic rerouting.
Accurate real-time warnings about dangerous road conditions ahead (fog, snow, ice and so on) anywhere in Europe, Australia and the US. (TomTom application version 6.0 or higher)
Clear on-screen animated or spoken (GO 720/520/910) traffic alerts as and when you want them.
Smart push technology which minimizes the amount of data needed to update traffic information on your device
Smart subscription – when you buy new maps, the Traffic service automatically becomes available in those countries too.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for the replies guys, think I'll go for the 720 as I don't need the US and Canada maps. The 720 has a few features I like, not least the ability to "map share" where you can alter roads etc that might not be suitable for m/homes. ::bigsmile:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The Garmin Nuvi 310D comes with TMC and Western Europe maps, Bluetooth, MP3 etc. Great bit of kit.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, reason i've concentrated on TomTom is that I currently have a Navman icn630 which cost me an arm and two legs :cry:. When they brought out new model line they stopped all support for the 600 series :Eeek: I don't want to fall into that trap again and on searching GPS forums TomTom don't do this. ::bigsmile:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi i use the garmin 670 it does what it says on the tin includeing rd numbers and names hands free phone, mp3 ect ect ect
dave:thumb:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, just an update. I bought the tomtom go 720 yesterday and boy am I impressed! Bluetoothed to my phone, wireless to my phone for traffic updates, setting up by telling it where to go and much much more. It's light years ahead of my Navman. Money well spent methinks. ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you want a 910 you can buy mine!! I have had enough of it. After all the mount problems (it kept disconnecting, TomTom sent out thousands of replacement mounts to disgruntled customers) and getting those resolved. Mine now keeps flashing up with "Do I want to connect to a PC" every time you go over a slight bump in the road! And Sods laws says this will happen just when you need to look at the map. And it keeps falling off the windscreen. I have had a couple of TomToms and used their software on a handheld and I have always liked it, but the chunky and misbehaving 910 has made me want to look at those thin slick looking garmins

So any offers for my lovely nice new 910, its only been thrown to the back of the bus once or twice in anger, its as good as it was new, but that sadly is anot a good reccomendation ::bigsmile:

Keith and Debs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
In Our RV
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
3 Years
I have a 910 and can honestly say i have all the probs as listed above......
Plus the worst one and this really warrants a total recall on all 910,s.... That snooty bitch inside that is supposed to do the map reading is useless, one day she thought it would be a good idea to take me throuh the pedestrianised shopping area in Louth Lincolnshire, not great at the best of times but when yer driving something thats 101" wide and 32' long:Doh:

Not recomended at all... get one that will sit in yer passenger seat and read good old paper maps,, ive had mine 26 years and she's never made a wrong turn yet and she is much nicer than the snooty bird in the 910...

Keith and Debs

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I an still on my TT Go 300 :Blush::Blush:with latest western European mapping:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back