Which Motorhome?? (1 Viewer)

Leea

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Hi,
After caravanning for over 12 years we are now looking at a motorhome.
The problem is there are loads of options and just finding something that fits the bill seems quite difficult..so, if anyone can shed some light that would be great!!

Needs to be a 4 berth.
Ideally one double Bed that can be left 'up' and the living space still available.
Under the magic 3500kg
Not fussed lhd or rhd
Around the 18-22k mark
If I had a preference it would be a van conversion, mainly due to owning a caravan and knowing of the body issues as they get older, or even when they are not old!!

If anyone can point me in the direction of a make/model or give any tips that would be great!!

Thanks

Lee

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Hello and welcome from Scotland. :WelcomeFlag:Best advice, go around all the dealers and look at layouts. Forget the silly prices and just concentrate on your layout. You have come to the best place for advice. Once you decide on your layout narrow your search to which MH and budget. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You will probably find that a lightweight coach built will be best to fit you needs of 4 berth and under 3500kg.
We have a 2 berth van conversion and we struggle to keep under 3500 and we don't fill the storage and cannot have towbar for carrying bikes.
Do go to a big dealer or one of the MH shows and have a good look around. Don't trust manufacturers or dealers weights.
Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Leea

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Thanks..
The coach built are more familiar to me, having owned caravans..
surprised about the weight of the van conversions, glad I asked..!!!
Anyone know of an overcab that will sleep 2 adults..? Seems the most obvious solution..?
Thanks!!

Upvote 0

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Thanks..
Anyone know of an overcab that will sleep 2 adults..? Seems the most obvious solution..?
Thanks!!
Another thing to bear in mind is the amount of travel seats you need, e.g belted seats for driver and passengers.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
As a pre-look prior to visiting dealers you may get some ideas of layout, etc which may suit here.
Broken Link Removed

ps w2f

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks!!

Most overcab beds will sleep adults, but most other things you do in bed can be a problem... By that I mean anything to do with sitting up, such as that morning cuppa or reading, watching TV. Drop down beds that come down over the cab seats normally give you lots of head room(y) With your budget you could find a tidy little A class that would give you all you require. Something like the Hymer B544. (y) . Best of luck

Upvote 0

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Thanks..
Thanks!!

Elddis 145 Autoquest is a 4 berth with 4 belted seats overcab.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Best advice go out and look at many vans private and dealers and compare the prices
Its the only way you'll find what suits you as buying a van is like buying a sofa a house or a new shirt, everyone's tastes and requirements are different
Personally I'd recommend a continental conversion 4 berth A class as to your requirements mentioned it seems the best option

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back