Which laptop has built in freeview? (1 Viewer)

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Does anybody know any laptops that have an integrated freeview tuner or ones that you can plug into via scart or S-video? The only one I have found up to now is the Acer Aspire 6920G but it's expensive, my old laptop has all sorts of connections but they only seem to output to a TV. The plug in USB freeview dongles are anything from about a tenner so there can't be much extra cost to having one built in to the laptop.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The plug in USB freeview dongles are anything from about a tenner so there can't be much extra cost to having one built in to the laptop.

Any extra ( and don't forget the software ) in a fiercely competitive market is a killer. Most people won't want it so it won't be fitted.

External USB allows you the option of change for a better unit.

There is a thread going saying built in WiFi is a poor compromise, same problem.

OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Integrated TV tuners used to be popular in some of the older laptops but I can't find many now at a decent price. I read that having the tuner built in uses less power & doesn't get as hot as using a USB one, I would also hope it work better than a plug in one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I did a google on the Acer Aspire 6920G and it appears Amazon have them for £599 but on reading the technical details I can't find any mention of a Integrated Freeview Tuner, only I didn't think the £599 was that bad a price considering some of the results were showing £880 and if it really suits your needs

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00284C9A0/buy2470b-21?gclid=CNev6ru4i54CFcts4wodfEQfrQ"]Acer Aspire 6920G 16 inch Laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Hope that helps

Update just found one at £481 which seems even better priced

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CCkQ8wIwBg#ps-sellers

Integrated TV tuners used to be popular in some of the older laptops but I can't find many now at a decent price. I read that having the tuner built in uses less power & doesn't get as hot as using a USB one, I would also hope it work better than a plug in one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
They do look a lot cheaper on amazon, I saw it here Link Removed at £910 & it comes with Vista but does offer a free upgrade.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread