Which laptop has built in freeview?

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Kon tiki, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know any laptops that have an integrated freeview tuner or ones that you can plug into via scart or S-video? The only one I have found up to now is the Acer Aspire 6920G but it's expensive, my old laptop has all sorts of connections but they only seem to output to a TV. The plug in USB freeview dongles are anything from about a tenner so there can't be much extra cost to having one built in to the laptop.

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +39,445
    Any extra ( and don't forget the software ) in a fiercely competitive market is a killer. Most people won't want it so it won't be fitted.

External USB allows you the option of change for a better unit.

There is a thread going saying built in WiFi is a poor compromise, same problem.

3. Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Ratings:
    +0
    Integrated TV tuners used to be popular in some of the older laptops but I can't find many now at a decent price. I read that having the tuner built in uses less power & doesn't get as hot as using a USB one, I would also hope it work better than a plug in one.

4. Braunston

Braunston

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

I did a google on the Acer Aspire 6920G and it appears Amazon have them for £599 but on reading the technical details I can't find any mention of a Integrated Freeview Tuner, only I didn't think the £599 was that bad a price considering some of the results were showing £880 and if it really suits your needs

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00284C9A0/buy2470b-21?gclid=CNev6ru4i54CFcts4wodfEQfrQ"]Acer Aspire 6920G 16 inch Laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Hope that helps

Update just found one at £481 which seems even better priced

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CCkQ8wIwBg#ps-sellers

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  5. Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Ratings:
    +0
    They do look a lot cheaper on amazon, I saw it here ACERDIRECT at £910 & it comes with Vista but does offer a free upgrade.

6. Braunston

Braunston

Ratings:
    +10
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009