Which is the best fresh water tank hose? (1 Viewer)

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
I've got the 'snakey' expanding type and the blue flat one on a reel. Both work well but both have problems. I got caught out on a recent site where the water pressure was insufficient to expand/stretch the snakey hose and as soon as I released the pressure by opening the end valve to fill the tank it contracted leaving me with a hose too short to reach the filler. I overcame this with success however. My Moto....adapt and overcome worked well.
The flat hose can be a pain to drain properly when rolling up. I've now cut my 20 metre hose into 2 x 10meters which is far more manageable.
regards
Nik.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Like most I have had a number of different hoses but the one that has stood the test of time and works even partly unrolled is the Brunner.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I found many flat hoses need to expel the water to fit on the reel and some needed to be completely unrolled to be used.

So because my time on this planet is valuable to me I use a round hose because it is fast and easy to put away and keeps my locker dry.

The secret? Both ends of my round hose have a typical hose lock coupling. So I simply join the two ends together with one of these...

No drips, the hose stays clean and sealed and keeps fresh. Before filling up I blast through some water and then fill tank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 9

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I found many flat hoses need to expel the water to fit on the reel and some needed to be completely unrolled to be used.

So because my time on this planet is valuable to me I use a round hose because it is fast and easy to put away and keeps my locker dry.

The secret? Both ends of my round hose have a typical hose lock coupling. So I simply join the two ends together with one of these...

No drips, the hose stays clean and sealed and keeps fresh. Before filling up I blast through some water and then fill tank.

So that's how you avoid a wet garage floor.... spent ages drawing mine down each time, think I'll get one of them now. We also have a small bore hose cassette, wasn't a branded one just a cheapo version we've been using to clean the garage floor with on the odd occasion....

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
3 Flat hoses of varying length a quality, mostly bought in Spain, often from the cheap shops. They are showing signs of deterioration now so I will have to think about their Replacements. You can`t have too little hose for an R-V!!. Have never used "Bought" water in the UK, Just religiously clean the tank periodically. But do use Bottle water over the Channel though. "Jonny foreigners" Ideas of clean water / sanitation leave too much to be desired.!!. When Marshalling we take the Aqua Roll and the Pump for top ups. Which along with the Generator and Mobility Scooter, Go in the back of the "Toad" or the Trailer.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Thanks for the tip, really simple and blindingly obvious now, so shall be trying out very shortly! (y) We have the Brunner 15m to hand and a small bore hose reel stored deep in a locker if really needed. When we need a longer hose (cos we is too lazy to carry) we just look sad and ask around borrowing hoses, join them together. The Brunner has been fine, but agree it is a bit fragile and not the quickest at filling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
I've read the above as my hose sprung leaks all along it today when I was filling up. Ha....... surprised and soakedšŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

It was a blue fresh flat without reel water hose and lasted 4yrs. Has been OK and easy to store.

I may go for another but has anyone used a contracted hose, think it might be great for storage but is it practical.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Used to carry two flat hoses and a box of fittings...Not now..been carrying just a 14 litre watering can for 6 years..far simpler...BUSBY.

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
I've order a similar hose to one before but thanks to posts above reduced length as I have a 10ltr can for top upping up and only need hose at MSP. Thanks for replies.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back