Which In-Car Video Camera Recorder ? (1 Viewer)

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
We are soon to be stocking Roadhawk, so if their are any points you wish to find out about, do let me know as I am due to go to the factory soon and discuss the systems with them. From initial investigations, they are a prefect balance of quality and price when compared with an array of other systems we stock, which vary massively. The picture quality directly reflects another system, although slightly different configuration costs over £650 - this makes the roadhawk look good value!

Any concerns, or queries, let me know and I will come back with answers for you!:thumb:

I suppose the obvious question is why don't they include an internal battery like most of their competitors? Many others will wake and record when their motion or movement sensors are activated.

I would also suggest that they consider referring to motorhomes, especially their ability to work under luton overhangs, bearing in mind the current interest on forums!

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
I put my TomTom right at the top of the windscreen yesterday and it had no problem with the GPS, so I guess that's a good sign :thumb:

I'm almost out of hesitation excuses now and the Roadhawk website is loaded and ready :active:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I suppose the obvious question is why don't they include an internal battery like most of their competitors? Many others will wake and record when their motion or movement sensors are activated.

I would also suggest that they consider referring to motorhomes, especially their ability to work under luton overhangs, bearing in mind the current interest on forums!

I will put these issues to them when I go and have a chat and come back with some answers.:thumb:

Their is a GPS antenna that is available that can be plugged in on the HD model to improve signal if required.

They appear to be very proactive and do constantly improve their products, so it may be something that they will address in the future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Standard GPS aerial - can be fixed in a variety of ways. You won't have much of an issue, as these are the same type of aerial that trackers use.

The website says "Fully waterproof and with magnetic base" so can you still apply adhesive to it? Link Removed

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The website says "Fully waterproof and with magnetic base" so can you still apply adhesive to it? Link Removed

Yes, that's what we did when we installed one into an Autotrail. It lends itself to mount quite nicely on the top of a wing mirror arm (as its black) and easy to route the cables through the door. I've got one here if you want any pictures of anything in particular.

You may find you need the suction bracket depending on if your blinds clear the adhesive plate.

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Yes Addie, I'm planning to get the suction bracket because of the blinds. Hadn't considered the wing mirror arm :Doh:

And Brian, thanks!

Now feeling confident enough to order a Roadhawk HD :thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Is that high up the windscreen under the overhang Larry? Do you use the External aerial?

Yes it is high up the windscreen , but with a small overhang there is no problem with satellite reception so no need to use the ext aerial :thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp

As others have said, they have used the device without an external antenna and work fine. Hopefully that ha set you mind at ease. I could not confirm this at the current time as they have not been tested by me yet as I am due to go up there this week.

From reports from other members, you should be ok with the basic device - you can always add an external antenna if you have issues later - order and enjoy!

GPS antennas are stronger than you think, and don't always need a 'line of sight' You find them in roof linings, under dashboards and many other places and they receive fine! If you think about it - if they needed to be in direct line of sight, it would be easy to find and unplug a tracker eh?

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
On the verge of purchase, Mi Witness with wifi at £269 or the BlackVueDR500GW-HD at £249.

Any thoughts

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back