Which home to buy? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I had a look and I can see some benefits and some downsides.
They have a sog arrangement running permanently it seems so you may not want to be camped downwind.
It''s also a bit of an ugly unit, not very aesthetically appealing.
You also have to have somewhere to empty urine daily and you seem to end up with a bag full of shit every 3 or 4 weeks which is definately not compost but shit, so you need somewhere to dispose of that. In 6 months it maybe compost but not in 4 weeks.
All things considered it may suit some but not a lot to appeal to those who use campsites or aires or camp off grid for a few days.
No thanks ill stick to the cassette šŸ‘šŸ»

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
And I totally appreciate your stand point! but I watched the videos on how to empty out a MH toilet and I though WTF! this is crazy, so I looked for other options.....

I've just watched this review:

The toilet does have its limitations:

You could be emptying the liquids container a fair bit by the sounds of it otherwise it could get quite smelly even with the fan drawing out the whiffs ... the chap said he empties it every couple of days max, usually daily, which to me says there IS a smell issue with it. They have to keep 'cleaning' it by putting in bleach etc so you are not gonna get away from chemicals of some sort, even vinegar, so may not be ideal for dumping on plants, vegetation etc. The toilet bowl still needs cleaning as, even with a fan, it will still get smelly and dirty so the easiest way to keep it under control would be to use a spray bottle as some do for their cassette toilet.

The chap also said that when there were 4 people in their RV for a week it simply couldn't cope with breaking down the waste sufficiently ... I know you're gonna be on your own, or have a 'toy boy' šŸ˜, so not putting it under such 'strain' but something to consider as you may find it won't last as long as you think it will between empties. As an aside, the compost CANNOT be use on edible plants, only non-edible ones ... so no good for anyone who uses a compost heap to enrichen their veg plot soil.

The 12v fan is similar to how a SOG works although a SOG is only active for a short period of time when you've used the loo, not 24 hours a day, whether this will be noisy or not I don't know.

One very personal opinion ... it's pig ugly :LOL:

Last edited:

Brockley

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Chausson 630 + mods!
Exp
Since 2006
Remember Gurning?

1596227543952.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
I had a look and I can see some benefits and some downsides.
They have a sog arrangement running permanently it seems so you may not want to be camped downwind.
It''s also a bit of an ugly unit, not very aesthetically appealing.
You also have to have somewhere to empty urine daily and you seem to end up with a bag full of shit every 3 or 4 weeks which is definately not compost but shit, so you need somewhere to dispose of that. In 6 months it maybe compost but not in 4 weeks.
All things considered it may suit some but not a lot to appeal to those who use campsites or aires or camp off grid for a few days.
No thanks ill stick to the cassette šŸ‘šŸ»
But at least you looked! you have your preference, as do I... Now we can agree to differ x

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just remembered another trick to extend the life of your toilet cassette ... put the paper in a bin, just as you would with the composting one ... BUT ... this may give off a pong so a bin with a seal would be best.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Water, Horse, Drink Minxy Girl
You're all wasting your breath.
Maybe but if it gets the OP to think about things more and realise that IMV there are much more important things to consider when buying a MH then it's been worth it. šŸ™‚

.... and of course we all love a good toilet thread ... you have to admit this one has been very entertaining! :giggle:

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
I've just watched this review:

The toilet does have its limitations:

You could be emptying the liquids container a fair bit by the sounds of it otherwise it could get quite smelly even with the fan drawing out the whiffs ... the chap said he empties it every couple of days max, usually daily, which to me says there IS a smell issue with it. They have to keep 'cleaning' it by putting in bleach etc so you are not gonna get away from chemicals of some sort, even vinegar, so may not be ideal for dumping on plants, vegetation etc. The toilet bowl still needs cleaning as, even with a fan, it will still get smelly and dirty so the easiest way to keep it under control would be to use a spray bottle as some do for their cassette toilet.

The chap also said that when there were 4 people in their RV for a week it simply couldn't cope with breaking down the waste sufficiently ... I know you're gonna be on your own, or have a 'toy boy' šŸ˜, so not putting it under such 'strain' but something to consider as you may find it won't last as long as you think it will between empties. As an aside, the compost CANNOT be use on edible plants, only non-edible ones ... so no good for anyone who uses a compost heap to enrichen their veg plot soil.

The 12v fan is similar to how a SOG works although a SOG is only active for a short period of time when you've used the loo, not 24 hours a day, whether this will be noisy or not I don't know.

One very personal opinion ... it's pig ugly :LOL:

Ah! no not for edibles for 6 months! my toy boy šŸ˜± Shit! (excuse the pun) oh hell on an adventure and about to become a panther:oops:..... Jeez join a forum and be stigmatised...:oops:.
Although in my inebriated state? I can do that :giggler::giggler:

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Just remembered another trick to extend the life of your toilet cassette ... put the paper in a bin, just as you would with the composting one ... BUT ... this may give off a pong so a bin with a seal would be best.
Or as I am doing, stocking up on fragrant nappy sacks ;)

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Maybe but if it gets the OP to think about things more and realise that IMV there are much more important things to consider when buying a MH then it's been worth it. šŸ™‚

.... and of course we all love a good toilet thread ... you have to admit this one has been very entertaining! :giggle:
Did I really descend to toilet humour?

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Do you really think they're the answer ?
Maybe you'd be better off crapping in a nappy and have done with it ? Save yourself Ā£1k
Can i ask how you arrived at your username ?

I thought it was obvious! I have lost everyone I loved, I am selling my home and leaving EVERYTHING to my buyers (FOC). And I am going on a road in pursuit of a dream. I have no idea where I will end up...

How do you think I arrived at my user name?

I thought I chose a name which summed up me!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ok sorry, so if you get your composting toilet sorted and become mobile, any chance you could drop off the finished product down to our allotment site?
No good ... the compost CANNOT be use on edible plants, only non-edible ones, as it doesn't' break down sufficiently during the time in the 'tank'... so no good for anyone who uses a compost heap to enrichen their veg plot soil. It would still need to be in a compost heap for a good few months, combined with other plant matter etc, in order to make it safe to use on veggies etc.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I thought it was obvious! I have lost everyone I loved, I am selling my home and leaving EVERYTHING to my buyers (FOC). And I am going on a road in pursuit of a dream. I have no idea where I will end up...

How do you think I arrived at my user name?

I thought I chose a name which summed up me!
Perhaps 'Going Somewhere' would have been better? After all that's what you are planning on doing and hopefully having a brilliant time. šŸ™‚

Just a though, when you say you are leaving everything ... you do realise you will still need to kit out your MH with a lot of the stuff you now have in your home don't you? Towels, bedding, pots, pans etc, etc.

Brockley

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Chausson 630 + mods!
Exp
Since 2006
No good ... the compost CANNOT be use on edible plants, only non-edible ones, as it doesn't' break down sufficiently during the time in the 'tank'... so no good for anyone who uses a compost heap to enrichen their veg plot soil. It would still need to be in a compost heap for a good few months, combined with other plant matter etc, in order to make it safe to use on veggies etc.

Yeh yeh, had an allotment for 30 years, just having a little fun:moon2: šŸ’©

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Perhaps 'Going Somewhere' would have been better? After all that's what you are planning on doing and hopefully having a brilliant time. šŸ™‚

Just a though, when you say you are leaving everything ... you do realise you will still need to kit out your MH with a lot of the stuff you now have in your home don't you? Towels, bedding, pots, pans etc, etc.
I'm taking all the odds and sods we hold onto and the used stuff, and leaving all the good!
I realise I need to kit out! but I'm kitting out with what we should have got rid of.... All the crap we hold onto just because.... And I am sorting out all the crap we should have got rid of, for I am so very grateful to my buyers for taking the rest....
Life is the most amazing game!
And do you know the meaning of life?

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Yeh yeh, had an allotment for 30 years, just having a little fun:moon2: šŸ’©
Well the quote you quoted was wrong, and Brockley, I have no idea wo you are, but who the hell are you, to poke fun at me? I mean, what the hell have you accomplished in your life? And are you so confident that you are better than me?
I really do not do forums.... I am openly honest to admit my foolishness..... Who the hell are are you? And what makes you thnk you are superior?

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
This is a good idea for the motorhome toilet if you have bad knees and trouble sitting down

If you need a number 2 then a funnel on the end works wonders, it slides down the pipe a treat.

View attachment 411893
Gosh CazPaul..... I am so very sorry life got so utterly bad for you... One day .... maybe... you will go up in the world! But I have to tell you, Mali has far worse toilets!

Dont flip with me! (oops got the french connection speeling wrong)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
This is a good idea for the motorhome toilet if you have bad knees and trouble sitting down

If you need a number 2 then a funnel on the end works wonders, it slides down the pipe a treat.
That`s very ..... er .... creative.
Have you got a patent on that ? I`m thinking Dragons Den

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
That`s very ..... er .... creative.
Have you got a patent on that ? I`m thinking Dragons Den
Im thinking Dragons Den will realise the person who has opinions on toilets, is full of shit!

And I am seriously drunk!

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Gosh CazPaul..... I am so very sorry life got so utterly bad for you... One day .... maybe... you will go up in the world! But I have to tell you, Mali has far worse toilets!

Dont **** with me! (oops got the french connection speeling wrong)

We had a spare waste water tank pipe that needed utilising, toilets are my speciality, they really are, I only regret not seeing your thread from the beginning.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
I've been trying to keep up with this thread on following your dream but it seems to have far more shit in it than is healthy I think.
Carol, my life has been amazing! I have been so fortunate... But I have had so much shit in it.... Let this roll, for if I ever get the chance to tell my story, there are so very few who could have coped.....
Let the shit be played played out! let the banter continue.... They are testing me. Am I genuine am I not?
Let them test me!
I am the most honest person they can ever hope to meet... ;) But, I good good at quips!

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
We had a spare waste water tank pipe that needed utilising, toilets are my speciality, they really are, I only regret not seeing your thread from the beginning.
Well caz, if toilets are your speciality, jeez you really need to learn how to get rid of that shit..... imho!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Carol, my life has been amazing! I have been so fortunate... But I have had so much shit in it.... Let this roll, for if I ever get the chance to tell my story, there are so very few who could have coped.....
Let the shit be played played out! let the banter continue.... They are testing me. Am I genuine am I not?
Let them test me!
I am the most honest person they can ever hope to meet... ;) But, I good good at quips!
I think you will find on this brilliant helpful platform that is motorhome fun there are a lot of members who have had extra ordinary life story's and I look forward to hearing yours. What time scale do you now have before the completion of your sale and you start off on your journey of discovery.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
I think you will find on this brilliant helpful platform that is motorhome fun there are a lot of members who have had extra ordinary life story's and I look forward to hearing yours. What time scale do you now have before the completion of your sale and you start off on your journey of discovery.
my neighbours are trying to stop my sale! they have put in a false claim to the council.... I was investigated last Friday.... I had to run through the circumstances of my fathers, mother, husbands and grans death..... i have an annex, built for my parents,,, which became home to a gran 95 who repeatedly tried to harm my husband... Everyone has died!
They took my husbands corpse away, and i was left looking at 'stuff'
I have nothing that means anything to me, anymore!
i am one of those people who are termed gullible! and I am . For I do not lie, i believe everyone as honest as me! my parents and husband 'protected me' for I am one of those people who just trust everyone.... For I believe everyone is like me...
But everyone is not..... And I am learning a very, very, hard lesson in life at the moment!
I can not understand why people lie!
And I am so sorry, for I have had too much to drink.... All I have left is a dream!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back