G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
And I just wish to say..... I am not Arsey!
I just do not understand this world, without those around me, who protected me from it....
I am grateful for all your advice, truly!

Brockley

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Chausson 630 + mods!
Exp
Since 2006
Well the quote you quoted was wrong, and Brockley, I have no idea wo you are, but who the hell are you, to poke fun at me? I mean, what the hell have you accomplished in your life? And are you so confident that you are better than me?
I really do not do forums.... I am openly honest to admit my foolishness..... Who the hell are are you? And what makes you thnk you are superior?

I try never to put anyone down unless I feel it’s a last resort. Life’s rich tapestry has taught me never to judge rashly, that’s why I thought we’d become friends. What have I accomplished in my life? Since you ask, I started out very much an overactive underachiever. Could have ended up in prison in my formative years, but following an apprenticeship in precision engineering I spent 15 years in that trade.

Met my life partner in 1978, almost emigrated in 1990 with my wife and two children, the irony is we decided against it when against some odds I became employed by the Isle of Man Prison and Probation Service. In 1994 I learned to fly, a great guy called Ian Hogg taught me even though I couldn’t afford it at the time. He ran a book which went along the lines of “get here now because the weather is right” - “you pay me when you can”. Great guy. Went on to fly lots of stuff for 20 years meeting many interesting life long friends (some sadly no longer with us).

Because of my background I went on to build a plans built an MW6t (tandom) three axis microlight which took three and a half years to build, converted it to an MW6s (side by side configuration) over a winter period, met lots of flying friends over this period and learned to fly several LAA types.

Went on to build (or be involved with) 3 other aircraft, becoming a BMMA inspector along the way. Finally bought and flew a Jabiru until giving up in 2015.

Apart from that I think the biggest achievement so far in my life has been very recent. I’ve been able to form very close relationships with my grown up son and daughter.

Don’t feel superior, but what’s your story?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So that is the future isn’t it..? Will you not change your destiny if you prevent certain visions from happening..?
have just been reading through this thread again, and you are spot on there, just supposing she is on the level and reckons she has to follow her dream, she is breaking it at the first hurdle here, if she is going to change the toilet she might as well change the whole dream.
To save all the bother, why not get on the internet , find a house she likes the look of , get in a car and go and buy it, save all this motorhome malarkey, and save a fortune in the process.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
have just been reading through this thread again, and you are spot on there, just supposing she is on the level and reckons she has to follow her dream, she is breaking it at the first hurdle here, if she is going to change the toilet she might as well change the whole dream.
To save all the bother, why not get on the internet , find a house she likes the look of , get in a car and go and buy it, save all this motorhome malarkey, and save a fortune in the process.
It’s all a wind Up chaser .... every now and then someone on this forum starts threads like this and the supposed newbie seems to know exactly what buttons to press and just how far to go and in the end seems quite knowledgeable on the aspects of motorhoming... examples of 596 and wildbrambles to mention and there are are few others that never got taken up..:reel:
This “woman” by her own admission has been “protected” by her family yet seems to know her way around forums and internet and if you think about it, from her replies knows how to push our buttons and knows a lot more about the trade... theres members on here that have had a motorhome for a year or two that know less then she does...🤔

Well, I may be wrong we shall see... but I suspect this thread and member will end like the others....

we all love a good toilet thread and this one is certainly going down the pan.....💩

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Have to agree Just smiffy ...

A fabulous forum that Jim works hard to maintain.

There are sad people out there who feel the need to pretend to be someone else, to wind up and waste the time of genuinely nice people who want to help them.... there are also lovely people on here who HAVE lost parents, partners and children and who are grieving and struggling to make a new life alone. I find it offensive when people 'pretend' ... but then I'm an old fuddy duddy. What do I know...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think some of you are being rather harsh, I find it hard to believe that someone would purposely stump up £15 to be able to post on a forum just to wind members up, it doesn't make sense.

We know the 'etiquette' of this forum but newbies don't so they may only have the experience of such like as Facecr@p, Whatscr@p etc, thus their 'language' and conversation skills are attuned into those types of forum rather than this thus their responses etc are less 'joined up' or rather OTT at times, that doesn't mean that we are being told porkies.

If nothing else I've learned about a different manufacturer of composting toilets (anyone remember Simploo that we discussed a while back?).

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Quote: purposely stump up £15 to be able to post on a forum just to wind members up, it doesn't make sense.End quote:

It has happened before... with support of others to keep a thread going.

Don't know about this particular poster.. we all just go off our built in instincts... and can only speak for myself by saying I'm out.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I think some of you are being rather harsh, I find it hard to believe that someone would purposely stump up £15 to be able to post on a forum just to wind members up, it doesn't make sense.
I don’t think they pay the £15 and whoever it is knows us sooooo well...😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

how many winks do you require before the penny drops Mel..😁😉

Jun 28, 2018
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2018 with MH. Previous with camping and caravan.
I haven't read right through your thread yet but I saw an add a few months back for company called 'Cinderella Motion' who produce the Cinderella Incinerator toilets, which sound interesting. Check out the website and see what you think. Not cheap unfortunately! but are designed to replace existing MH arrangements and only leave a small quantity of ash to be disposed of in a bin.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don’t think they pay the £15 and whoever it is knows us sooooo well...😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

If they want to post more than 5 times they have to pay ... unless of course you are saying that it's Jim or Gromett messing about with us all?????

C'mon Smiffy ... fount of all knowledge ... who is it then?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

The problem with this one though is it's so close to the 596 method of posting that it's uncanny, I didn't reply at the start because of this, but when she paid her dues I thought maybe she could have the benefit of the doubt, and it could have turned into a real interesting story even if it only involved someone striking out on to a new life.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If they want to post more than 5 times they have to pay ... unless of course you are saying that it's Jim or Gromett messing about with us all?????

C'mon Smiffy ... fount of all knowledge ... who is it then?
Just to let everyone know. I have nothing to do with the forum at all. That is ALL credit to Jim I just do the server stuff when needed which is rarely.
I have no special access to the forum or the software running it, nor would I want it :eek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I
What a shame, there is some desperate folks about isn't there.
Just hope she wasn't above board and done something stupid.

Chaser please don't worry.

IF it was a genuine post, there were some lovely answers on the thread and people really trying to help... Albeit a difficult request... Compost toilet, twin beds as she doesnt drive, remarks on being a cougar,.. so the forum as ever went out of its way to respond.. The slightly drunken posts even didn't stop people being kind.. despite some of them struggling with severe depression at the moment, money worries, bereavement, etc. . All who need our support. We don't want you worrying too.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
I am so sorry, some of you were concerned. Sorry!

I am about to embark on an adventure, which I could have never imagined...

I have had such good advice from all of you...

I am most certainly not a player, confidence trickster, or someone out there to wind you all up... I am me! slightly lost. But incredibly grateful to all of you.....

I am having to weigh up 'all of your advice'.... 'ALL' of you have a different perspective, there is a lot of advice out there!
But 'ALL' of you have experienced different scenarios!

I am a totally genuine poster, who is Totally grateful for all of your advice!

Please try to understand something, when a person genuinely doesnt know... Except research (because of a dream about toilets) it doesnt mean they are fooling or working you.... I am truly genuine.. But I am also so grateful to you all!
I'm sorry I had too much to drink last night.... But from my persepective? I genunely do not know what to do for the best....
Paid £15? it is the best money I have spent in a long time... For you all know more than I.. Yet there are some pointing out Brexit issues.... I do not watch TV... or newspapers.. I gave up, for the information is not true.... So when you highlight things I am not aware of?
My brain, is just overloaded!
I swear on my life, I am genuine!
I have so much to consider... You have all given good advice.. I am grateful!.... but shit! there is no way I can side with any one who thinks a Thetford toilet is a good idea..... Sorry, but that advice I'm afraid I flushed down the pan...

I am genuinely so grateful to you all.. Thank you x

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
Quote: purposely stump up £15 to be able to post on a forum just to wind members up, it doesn't make sense.End quote:

It has happened before... with support of others to keep a thread going.

Don't know about this particular poster.. we all just go off our built in instincts... and can only speak for myself by saying I'm out.
I am still convinced that this is a wind-up🤨🤨So I am also out😊😊

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
And with all of your advice? I am now in a very different position than I was, when I first came on here!

Presently my brain is navigating the following:-
There are houses in the limousin area with barns, I can buy them for about 30-40,000 euro... I can put up a tent in a barn, (build celotex around it for insulation) while i renovate a house over winter... bringing my airhead composting toilet with me!
I can change my car now for a van.. Which will help me pick up items to renovate a property.... When the roof is done? and I work over the winter on the house, I have a barn!
And in the spring? I can renovate a van, which will not need to be winterised, I can transform it into a motorhome...
I will eliminate this 180 day max in france.. I will have an address, I will be a citizen of france.... I will have a home base, and freedom to move for days or weeks at a time, when the roses are out...
I am truly taking on all of your advice!
And I will gain more for just about the same as it will cost me for a motor home!

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
You now need to sign up on a diy forum...👍🏼
Really? how not to build a motor home? would you all not like to take the proverbial?
Also, living in a tent over winter? are you not going to have serious 'leaks' while laughing at my stupidity?

Do you really want me to stop a P*ss take from you all? :giggler: ;)
I am only to happy to laugh at my mistakes, but I think you may well have a lot of fun at my expense!

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
What are the dimensions of the toilet you want.?

Once known, you can measure the space a van’s toilet takes up.

If your toilet fits, you will find a van convertor, ,or a handy diy person , who can take one out, and replace.

Simples. :giggle:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Really? how not to build a motor home? would you all not like to take the proverbial?
Also, living in a tent over winter? are you not going to have serious 'leaks' while laughing at my stupidity?

Do you really want me to stop a P*ss take from you all? :giggler: ;)
I am only to happy to laugh at my mistakes, but I think you may well have a lot of fun at my expense!
Actually... I was being serious.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
What are the dimensions of the toilet you want.?

Once known, you can measure the space a van’s toilet takes up.

If your toilet fits, you will find a van convertor, ,or a handy diy person , who can take one out, and replace.

Simples. :giggle:
Actually, one of you kindly people has said they would help me. For they have done the same thing and say it is not a difficult job.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Actually... I was being serious.
Clearly I will need the proffessionals, to reroof, electrics, plumbing and plastering.. But after that there is all the painting, tiling, curtain making, (fluffy stuff :giggle: ) etc. etc.. And a serious ammount of trips to second hand dealers to find cheap furniture for a couple of rooms.. So that is quite a lot of work for one.

But I have an address, I'm not limited to 180 days, I am in central France. I will have learnt more of the langugae, be more accustomed to the roads. I have crossed the Channel and am at least roughly somewhere nearer than where I am now.
But the composting toilet can fit anywhere, 12v hook up and a hole for the vent..
So the van is then the priority, but I now have somewhere to work from, that I have cover for it? I will have the time to REALLY look at it. That I will be travelling in the spring, summer and possibly autumn. I do not need it winterised. I may need an air cooler instead! But I have time! I will gain time by doing it this way!

If I am to be living in a tent for quite a while, I will have learnt to downsize rapidly! I think I will find my priorities will change. But I will already have bought more space with the tent! I will no doubt already own a camping stove which I will have figured out how to use. At this moment in time I know nothing about nothing.. But by next year I will know a lot more. I will be more confident and that puts me in a far better place than I am at present.

I will be busy throughout the winter, not stuck in a motorhome (possibly by self) wishing I hadn't set out on this adventure. Instead I will have to get up, to watch the contractors are working for their money... It will be just as difficult, but I will be busy!!

And I have to say, from a packing suitcase perspective, this got a whole lots easier.... I need to pack scruffs :giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back